GIAA "Origins" 3rd press Blue; The End Of The Beginning 2nd; All Is Violent...4th

So, they finished recording end of April, taking it on the road soon, single out early September. They are back on Rocket Girl for this, their 7th.

Have to be honest I bowed out of their last release, so keeping my hopes a little under the top, so no dashing this go around. From their Tumblr 7 June 2013:

Rocket Girl Press Release

Origins is the seventh full-length album released by God is an Astronaut and sees the band return toRocket Girl records, who licensed the band’s breakthrough album, All is Violent, All is Brightin 2005. In the eight years since then, GIAA have continued to release albums on their own Revive Records (Far From Refuge, 2007, God is an Astronaut, 2008 and Age of the Fifth Sun, 2010), with limited promotion and yet still amassing a vast following on social media sites (150,000 fans on Facebook, half a million listeners onlastfm.com) and touring extensively, establishing themselves as Ireland’s most intense, incandescent live act.

The new single ‘Spiral Code’ (rgirl99) will be released on 2nd Sept on Rocket Girl, followed by the full length ‘Origins’ (rgirl98) on 16th Sept

fingers crossed they hit my mojo button, but if not, they have 499,999 others in their back pocket  ;)

http://giaaband.tumblr.com/

• 1 month later...

taken from their FB page:

Ok we are taking preorders now.
We have a very limited run on the vinyl's so please preorder today to avoid any disappointment.
All the info below.

The new single 'Spiral Code' (rgirl99) will be available as a digital download on 2nd September.
This will be followed by the long awaited new album 'Origins' (rgirl98) on 16th September available on all formats.
Digital download, CD and limited edition vinyl with free download code and postcard. The initial 500 copies will be on coloured vinyl.

You can pre order the CD album here:
http://rocketgirl.co.uk/label/release/rgirl98

You can pre order the LP here:
http://rocketgirl.co.uk/label/release/rgirl98LP

All orders will be shipped a week before release.

Vinyl color is CLEAR (:

Ha, this amazes me a bit. Is it easier to spend more money due to fact it is pressed on double LP? All in all, you buy an album, so is the any difference..? Just teasing :P

More records = higher production cost, which affects the retail price.

Took a chance and ordered 2 copies, so is was around $35 each with shipping; GIAA said more 'expermental' / different direction, pretty good amount of music time, yada yada. Prob worst bet of the century but I'm on 'record' for it now...  Hope springs eternal

I think the 'first' 500 are colored and implied there are more later, I assume Black.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...