Didn't see anybody else post about it so I will: 

Julia Brown's first 7" went live at 1 today.

Won't ship for a few weeks, but yeah.

100 Gold

400 Baby Pink

Buy it here

Listen to it here

//INB4 price complaints:

From Birdtapes tumblr:

Question : Price for the Julia Brown 7"? ((This was asked before it was posted))

Answer: "This hasn’t been announced yet because we were debating it for a while. It was going to be $10, and I know that probably sounds expensive for a 7”, we even got backlash for charging $8.50 for holo pleasures. We spent money to record this 7” in a studio, and while most labels make that money back through digital sales (at no cost) we don’t. Really we need to be incorporating studio costs and other expenses into our vinyl sales because that’s all we sell. We also put a lot of effort into this release, and the packaging is gorgeous (and costly) so I hope people appreciate it. All that said, we’re going to stick with the $8.50 for now because I think it’s definitely a fair price but we’re not making any profit. I’m excited for everyone to get this record, and I’m grateful for everyone who has supported us up to this point and made it possible - thank you <3"

Thanks for posting this pat!

We know people are mad our 7"s aren't $5 but we definitely can't sell them at that price, maybe when we have a bigger audience and can press larger quantities.

You can name your price on our store or the band's bandcamp, buy the digital version from itunes and amazon if you want, or stream it on spotify and rdio

Music is free, we hope you value our physical releases because we do try to make them special

We know people are mad our 7"s aren't $5 but we definitely can't sell them at that price, maybe when we have a bigger audience and can press larger quantities.

You can name your price on our store or the band's bandcamp, buy the digital version from itunes and amazon if you want, or stream it on spotify and rdio

Music is free, we hope you value our physical releases because we do try to make them special

Will you refund me shipping?  Because I know it's not $13 to ship a 7" to canada.  I also know its probably not your fault, the store just automates the price.

I understand. And I wish you guys luck. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got mine a couple days ago and it's fine. hit up Tyler at [email protected], he's pretty good at sorting things out.

how good does that gold foil look though? and the gold vinyl looks great.. not bright yellow like most gold but translucent enough to make it look miles better than the metallic gold that Topshelf and Deathwish tried doing. I love it.