PO: Norma Jean-Wrongdoers

http://lambgoat.com/news/17421/Norma-Jean-frontman--You-owe-me-money.

"Anyone that has ever downloaded a Norma Jean record. You owe me money. I hope you had enough money today to buy your family groceries...I mean 'for free' of course. Ya know… illegally. Stolen. Theft. Don't get your feeling hurt. It's ok if you steal from me. Anything else I can do for free for you? Spoiled brats! It's about time someone got pissed about this! I hope you guys know what it feels like to have thousands of dollars stolen from you only to be told you have a an attitude about it. BTW! I appreciate and LOVE all of you that have supported us over the years. I hope you are all blessed!"

http://lambgoat.com/news/17421/Norma-Jean-frontman--You-owe-me-money.

"Anyone that has ever downloaded a Norma Jean record. You owe me money. I hope you had enough money today to buy your family groceries...I mean 'for free' of course. Ya know… illegally. Stolen. Theft. Don't get your feeling hurt. It's ok if you steal from me. Anything else I can do for free for you? Spoiled brats! It's about time someone got pissed about this! I hope you guys know what it feels like to have thousands of dollars stolen from you only to be told you have a an attitude about it. BTW! I appreciate and LOVE all of you that have supported us over the years. I hope you are all blessed!"

What a fag.  (I'm aware this is two years too late btw, but...)  Two sides to the illegal download debate, each with valid points I suppose, but I've been exposed to some of my favorite bands/artists via the illegal download.  Possibly Norma Jean.  But, I also go back and buy a band's discography if I like them enough to add them too my collection.  Granted many purchases come used on Amazon, eBay, local used stores, they don't get a soundscan point or paid for that, so is that shady business as well?  But-I'll buy any future purchases the day they come out, most often on the pre-order.  Also attend all live shows & buy merch there on occasion.

Bottom line, if you're in a band that makes money (regardless the amount, if you do it full time, and your band is ALL you do for a living), you've got a kick ass job, shut up and be a rock star.  I think if he traded places with any one of us regular job working losers for one day he'd be a little less mad.  He and that Metallica drummer can go make out.

AHHH, SHARK BITE, AHHH! is fucking sweet.  I wonder if they'll work this into their live show, that would be fun.  Looking forward to the new album, Norma Jean always brings something fun & interesting to the table.  Awesome live shows, too.  Seems to me an exceptional amount of hot chicks like Norma Jean, nothing wrong with a venue full of those every time either.

What a fag.  (I'm aware this is two years too late btw, but...)  Two sides to the illegal download debate, each with valid points I suppose, but I've been exposed to some of my favorite bands/artists via the illegal download.  Possibly Norma Jean.  But, I also go back and buy a band's discography if I like them enough to add them too my collection.  Granted many purchases come used on Amazon, eBay, local used stores, they don't get a soundscan point or paid for that, so is that shady business as well?  But-I'll buy any future purchases the day they come out, most often on the pre-order.  Also attend all live shows & buy merch there on occasion.

Bottom line, if you're in a band that makes money (regardless the amount, if you do it full time, and your band is ALL you do for a living), you've got a kick ass job, shut up and be a rock star.  I think if he traded places with any one of us regular job working losers for one day he'd be a little less mad.  He and that Metallica drummer can go make out.

AHHH, SHARK BITE, AHHH! is fucking sweet.  I wonder if they'll work this into their live show, that would be fun.  Looking forward to the new album, Norma Jean always brings something fun & interesting to the table.  Awesome live shows, too.  Seems to me an exceptional amount of hot chicks like Norma Jean, nothing wrong with a venue full of those every time either.

your argument is immediately made invalid by calling him a fag.

(I'm aware this is two years too late btw, but...)  Two sides to the illegal download debate, each with valid points I suppose, but I've been exposed to some of my favorite bands/artists via the illegal download.  Possibly Norma Jean.  But, I also go back and buy a band's discography if I like them enough to add them too my collection.  Granted many purchases come used on Amazon, eBay, local used stores, they don't get a soundscan point or paid for that, so is that shady business as well?  But-I'll buy any future purchases the day they come out, most often on the pre-order.  Also attend all live shows & buy merch there on occasion.

Yes.  I actually had a small heated debate with him over twitter when this went down.  Basically, he's okay with people like you (and me), I argued that I have pirated every single release.  And then subsequently bought every vinyl they've put out, seen them live several times, and bought merch.  He was very cool/appreciative of that.  What he wasn't really willing to concede was that attacking your fans isn't the best way to get them to pay you :P

It seems his (very UNtactfully delivered) point was that if you're one of the people that NEVER pays for anything... you're a douche.  And it's not like he's wrong, he was just kind of a jerk about it.

your argument is immediately made invalid by calling him a fag.

Sorry, what a homo.  Whatever your favorite politically incorrect insult is.  And I wasn't arguing with anyone, just saying if you're a rock star, be a rock star.  No need to cry over spilled beer.  What's the #1 desired job on the entire planet?  It's not cashier, brain surgeon or sheet rocker.  If you could be anything in the world, tell me what you'd choose?  He should be too busy chucking TVs out hotel windows and kissing pretty girls (and equally as many ugly ones) to say, or even think of stuff like that.  Or, keeping to himself at the hotel and just looking at all the girls throwing themselves at you, give hugs, if destruction & sluts aren't your thing.  Even if you're a lower caliber band who sleeps in the van in Walmart parking lots between tour stops.  That's still completely awesome.

And no offense to the guy, I love Corey.  Don't know him personally, but he puts on a killer show & makes awesome music. 

And it's not like he's wrong, he was just kind of a jerk about it.

Sorry, what a homo.  Whatever your favorite politically incorrect insult is.  And I wasn't arguing with anyone, just saying if you're a rock star, be a rock star.  No need to cry over spilled beer.  What's the #1 desired job on the entire planet?  It's not cashier, brain surgeon or sheet rocker.  If you could be anything in the world, tell me what you'd choose?  He should be too busy chucking TVs out hotel windows and kissing pretty girls (and equally as many ugly ones) to say, or even think of stuff like that.  Or, keeping to himself at the hotel and just looking at all the girls throwing themselves at you, give hugs, if destruction & sluts aren't your thing.  Even if you're a lower caliber band who sleeps in the van in Walmart parking lots between tour stops.  That's still completely awesome.

And no offense to the guy, I love Corey.  Don't know him personally, but he puts on a killer show & makes awesome music. 

I'll never understand brazen and prideful homophobia. 

Hate is not a good look on anyone.

Bitch, please.

Sorry, what a homo.  Whatever your favorite politically incorrect insult is.   

TMNI8s9.jpg

And I wasn't arguing with anyone, just saying if you're a rock star, be a rock star.  No need to cry over spilled beer.  What's the #1 desired job on the entire planet?  It's not cashier, brain surgeon or sheet rocker.  If you could be anything in the world, tell me what you'd choose?  He should be too busy chucking TVs out hotel windows and kissing pretty girls (and equally as many ugly ones) to say, or even think of stuff like that.  Or, keeping to himself at the hotel and just looking at all the girls throwing themselves at you, give hugs, if destruction & sluts aren't your thing.  Even if you're a lower caliber band who sleeps in the van in Walmart parking lots between tour stops.  That's still completely awesome.

What. This isn't the 70s, and Norma Jean isn't exactly Aerosmith - groupies, hotels and "be[ing] a rock star" are products of huge label advances, and thus are relics of the dying music industry of decades ago. Touring is now literally something bands have to do to get by. Most people in bands have other jobs. Assuming the year in your username is your birth year, your ignorance isn't super surprising, but maybe limit yourself to topics within your wheelhouse for now.

They need to repress that box set and remaster it. I really want to get it because those are three of my top favorite albums of all time.

See the other Tooth & Nail threads, nothing Tooth & Nail/Solid State will ever be pressed or repressed again.

Cheapest shipping is $11.50.

Also on Amazon, but doesn't specify which variant it is.

http://www.amazon.com/Wrongdoers-Norma-Jean/dp/B00DCRE810/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371147106&sr=8-1&keywords=norma+jean+wrongdoers

I just went with this....the poster is cool and all, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $13 to ship an LP and poster to California either.  I think both variants are cool, so we'll see what I end up with.