PO: Norma Jean-Wrongdoers

Forgive me, I should of clarified. Solid state is a subsidiary of tooth and nail, right? I thought it was only tooth and nail that sold their rights.

Gkersy, somethingvinyl?

YES. I love, and I mean love being referenced as an expert when I am so clearly not one.

Thank you Ghost Parlour!

No sarcasm. This made my night (sad as it is).

This isn't the 70s, and Norma Jean isn't exactly Aerosmith - groupies, hotels and "be[ing] a rock star" are products of huge label advances, and thus are relics of the dying music industry of decades ago. Touring is now literally something bands have to do to get by. Most people in bands have other jobs.

How does this make it any less sweet to be a rock star?  In 2013 chicks don't like guys in bands?  Some of them have to work a little harder than they used to, boo hoo.  Poor guys.  I'm pretty sure not much has changed, except that when you call one of your buddies a fag, suddenly you're this angry hateful person who kills puppies.  I'm pretty sure we won't find Corey selling cell phones at the Atlanta Best Buy on the weekends. 

I also want cheaper shipping, and am holding off on the pre-order to feel out what other options there might be.

How does this make it any less sweet to be a rock star?  In 2013 chicks don't like guys in bands?  Some of them have to work a little harder than they used to, boo hoo.  Poor guys.  I'm pretty sure not much has changed, except that when you call one of your buddies a fag, suddenly you're this angry hateful person who kills puppies.  I'm pretty sure we won't find Corey selling cell phones at the Atlanta Best Buy on the weekends. 

I also want cheaper shipping, and am holding off on the pre-order to feel out what other options there might be.

i'm pretty sure Corey is married with a couple of kids, so he's not snorting blow and hanging out with strippers and "being a rock star," he actually has a legitimate need to provide for his family.

Nope. It just shows you have a weak vocabulary for a 30 year old.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe some bands do it for the music? Not that their innocent, but c'mon on man. Not every band is Motley Crüe.

I'm pretty sure not much has changed, except that when you call one of your buddies a fag, suddenly you're this angry hateful person who kills puppies.

No. Not necessarily an angry hateful person who kills puppies. Just one who is so callous, abrasive and haughty so as to use a particularly hurtful term in such a flippant way, and then double down on it because of your own foolish pride.

If no one in your real life will stop you in genuine earnest and say "It's not right or okay to say that," then I will. It isn't right. There is just no reason for it, and perpetuates a hateful culture. It's not okay.

Nope. It just shows you have a weak vocabulary for a 30 year old.

this.

Someone asked on tweeter if it would be released on iTunes a few days ago, and they answered (obviously) yes, "along with a little something extra".  So I anticipate some "itunes only" tracks or bonus material of some sort.  Which I personally despise.  I'm just a barrel of fun in this thread, aren't I.  I don't like the shipping price, the idea of itunes only tracks, I offended a bunch of kids.  And Norma Jean is one of my favorite bands.  But honestly, forcing you to buy a digital download, particularly in an "album only" or "pre-order only" scenario is the worst kind of fascism.  At least with the vinyl color variant trick to get fans to buy more than one copy, you get something out of it.  Album only itunes tracks I pay for the whole thing, get the bonus track & delete the rest into thin air.  I've missed out on songs multiple times during the pre-order only scenario, and no matter how big of a fan you are or how much you're trying to throw money at them for the song(s), you just can't have it. 

But!  With that said, I've wiped my tears & heard the world's smallest violin, I'm still highly enthusiastic about Wrongdoers & the Summer Slaughter tour.  Just thought I drop that info in case anyone else is looking for the bonus stuff.

To those I offended, I meant no harm.  There was zero hate or sexuallity attached to the word(s).  It was a discussion, people talking about rock & roll, music, other things, and you created hate where there was none.  Or if there was, it was on your behalf.  I have gay friends, we use that terminology with each other.  Along with my non-gay friends.  All is well, everybody is having fun, no one is angry.  We can continue the discussion if you like in a PM or seperate thread, but in here let's keep it Norma Jean.

The iTunes exclusive tracks for Meridional weren't exclusive to buying the entire thing. I bought them separately a la carte, then bought the Best Buy CD with the other two bonus tracks. 

Huh, I totally assumed otherwise, I just went a bought it, thanks!  (There's just one, right? Distance to Planets?)

Huh, I totally assumed otherwise, I just went a bought it, thanks!  (There's just one, right? Distance to Planets?)

There was also a different remix of Deathbed Atheist.

Bonus tracks are:

Kill More Presidents (CD bonus track)

Deathbed Atheist (KC Blitz Remix CD bonus track)

Distance to Planets (iTunes bonus track)

Deathbed Atheist (Juggernaut Remix iTunes bonus track)

Looks like they took down the remix from iTunes, though.