PO: Norma Jean-Wrongdoers

hahahaha

yeah, I hate exclusive songs too... but whatever, I find em eventually

Me as well.  I'm a conformist, what can I say.  More so a slave to the music I love.  To clarify, I don't mind deluxe editions with bonus material, I'm totally down with the hardcore fans paying a few extra bucks for some goodies that a standard fan isn't interested in.  In this poster's opinion they should be readily available for purchase (strange concept, right?), (no pre-order only) and in physical form.  Hunting down import albums with bonus stuff is hard enough as is.

Kill More Presidents (CD bonus track)

Deathbed Atheist (KC Blitz Remix CD bonus track)

/\ apparently these two were also available as bonus tracks on Napster.  I got the Best Buy deluxe edition CD with them on it.

Deathbed Atheist (Juggernaut Remix)

/\ I never heard about this being on iTunes, I guess this was available on ShockHound as a download, and also on the exclusive Hot Topic CD, which I tried hard not to buy seeing a bunch in stock, being as I'd already bought 2 versions of the album.  But when the HT at Mall Of America only had 1 copy left I couldn't help but put the grabs on it.

I was also tricked into buying the full album on iTunes.  The trick was, Innocent Bystanders Unite is offered as an "album only" download.  So before I did my homework, I bought the full album for the song.  However, this song was available on each of the CD's I already bought.  (Idiot)  The real iTunes bonus track Distance To Planets is available as a single song download. 

And of course, I ended up buying the vinyl as well, but that was a recent purchase.

New song is pretty cool. i just hope that this album is more consistent than Anti-Mother and Meridional. They usually have about 5-6 good songs and 3-4 frrrrtttts.

just realized there is only 1 original member left of this band. they're almost zao, but not quite.

Just looked at the lineup, and you're right. I thought Scottie Henry was just temporarily on break. But when did Jake Schulz leave? Anyone famiilar with when/why these dudes left?

Anyone agree that BTMKTC is their best album?

That's always going to be a landmark album for most NJ fans. Its what I first heard of them, and has influenced a lot of bands since then. Musically, they pretty much did whatever they wanted to with long instrumental sections in songs mixed in with songs under 2:00 minutes. I love that album, but to me, O God The Aftermath is a very, very close second. The only thing off that album that clearly needed improvements were Cory's vocals, but even then it didn't and doesn't take away anything for me. OGTA is just as memorable as Bless The Martyr.

Guest Secular Haze

Good assessment Lonely Empires. OGTA is their 2nd best album for sure. I really like how heavily influenced they were by Meshuggah on that album. They even thank them in the notes. Botch also comes to mind as a heavy influence. Which variant did you guys order or plan to order?

To be honest, I feel like this band is similar to Spencer-era Underoath, in the sense that my "favorite" record of theirs tends to be whichever one I am listening to at the moment. I love something about all of their records, and they'll always be my favorite band. If it weren't for NJ, the door would have never opened for me to discover Converge. I saw the dudes wearing Jane Doe shirts so many times, I figured I must be missing something. For that, I will always be grateful.

However, Redeemer kind of seemed to be the moment in which this band finally reached their full potential. Can't wait to hear the new album. Hoping for a blend of their newfound mature songwriting and their classic raw thrashing.