Alexisonfire Boxset?

Figured I would wait until the hullabaloo on this died down a little bit, but if anybody got tired of their box set I would be down to trade a combination of several rare records for it. Up to and including:

Periphery (blue)- Periphery

Periphery II (red) - Periphery

The Sound of Madness - Shinedown

AB III - Alter Bridge

Fantastic Planet - Failure

Jane Doe (orange/red tour pressing) - Converge

...is there a crossover market between Alexisonfire and Shinedown?? 

(I'd ask the same about Alter Bridge too, but Mark Tremonti rules)

Figured I would wait until the hullabaloo on this died down a little bit, but if anybody got tired of their box set I would be down to trade a combination of several rare records for it. Up to and including:

Periphery (blue)- Periphery

Periphery II (red) - Periphery

The Sound of Madness - Shinedown

AB III - Alter Bridge

Fantastic Planet - Failure

Jane Doe (orange/red tour pressing) - Converge

Pssh! No Trapt NO DEAL

Finally got my hands on mine over the weekend. I am so impressed with everything - even how it was shipped so I take my previous comment back. Even my dad was floored by how great everything looked (and he's been collecting vinyl for almost 40 years). The only downside is that there's a pretty decent scratch on one side of Self-Titled that my dad says will most likely tick (haven't had the chance to play it yet) and another smaller scratch on one side of OC/YC and one side of Switcheroo. Other than that, it's all so amazing.

Just got an e-mail from the Alexisonfire store offering me a copy since I missed out. My god I can't remember the last time I was this happy and excited!

A buddy of mine just got one too. That's now two of my friends that have. I really should have sent an email when I didn't get one :(

Well I just got mine and it was £50.76, so expect double and then some...

If two people have been charged a difference of nearly £30 to import the same thing I'd love to know how it's calculated  :huh:

Then I got to choose my delivery date, but as tomorrow is a Saturday if I want that it's an extra £12. No - Monday will do, thanks...

£50 sounds about right for a $250 boxset, UK customs charges can be variable - though I don't know the reason.

Take the 3eb boxset for example at $200, I had to pay £28 (£36 including an £8 parcelforce fee) delivered to Sheffield, whereas a guy I know from Wales only paid £9 (£17 inc fee). 

£50's a bit much! How the hell can they justify that!?

UK VAT is at 20% which even on the full amount is £30, plus the £8 fee. If mine comes through at £50 I'll definitely be querying it.

I read up a bit more about this. It's not just the 20% VAT on the cost of the item. It's the CIF - cost, insurance, freight. So the customs valuation is based on the the $250 box-set price + whatever you paid for shipping, I'm guessing an extra $50+?

Don't forget there is also a 3.5% of the CIF as an import duty rate on top of all that. A quick calculation on a $250 vinyl boxset with $60 shipping, puts the total taxes (landed) at £37.99, add £8 onto that for parcelforce, and that gets close to the £50 that Slops was charged.

So as low as £22 and as high as £59 for the same item through the same customs? I get that there could be other contributing factors but for someone to have to pay nearly three times as much as someone else?

Yeah, really doesn't make sense. I paid mine last night, so they're delivering on Tuesday. Once I've got the boxset in hand, I'll gather all the documents and submit a query to HMRC. There's no way they can justify £22 for one person, £50.76 for another, and £59 for another.

Btw, Justin if you're still lurking in here... Is there any update on the S/T cd's or the final video?

Just received my copy of the boxset today. I know understand why it took so long for this to be done and released. Amazing quality right down to the shipping box. They really took their time with it and it shows in everything. If anyone thinks it's a little pricey, for what you get you're 100% wrong. Absolutely beautiful, top of my wax collection.