Strangest record that you have?

Haha fuck how could I have forgotten this! Drew used to work with me for a couple of months. This picture is the 'flesh' coloured 7". They also did a black 10" shaped like a dick too.

So good

Haha yeah. Drew is a great dude. They took us out on our first tour in 2010. It was an incredible experience watching them every night.

I have a number of oddities as well as an even bigger list of oddities I've always wanted. I'll just list some that come to mind at the moment....

I have one example of a "polish postcard" basically music that was illegally smuggled around the former Soviet Union when western music wasnt legally played on the radio or pressed on vinyl there. Very interesting history to read up on. Mine plays Doo-Wah-Diddy by manfred mann... Sounds like shit but to think somebody risked their life for that record...

I have a "hip pocket" record by tommy James and the shondells. A 1960's attempt at making portable music, possibly the first precursor to our modern day iPod. There was a special small player for these, but they could be played on a standard turntable (although most back in those days had auto-return). It's a very very small flexi. I actually took this one home in my pocket.

Hmm... What else...

Toto - Rosanna/Africa picture disc that is shaped like Africa on one side and the promo image of Rosanna on the other. Sorry for the blurry shot, my phone's camera sucks sometimes.

972273_818333247027_1841897553_n.jpg

winner

I have a number of oddities as well as an even bigger list of oddities I've always wanted. I'll just list some that come to mind at the moment....

I have one example of a "polish postcard" basically music that was illegally smuggled around the former Soviet Union when western music wasnt legally played on the radio or pressed on vinyl there. Very interesting history to read up on. Mine plays Doo-Wah-Diddy by manfred mann... Sounds like shit but to think somebody risked their life for that record...

I have a "hip pocket" record by tommy James and the shondells. A 1960's attempt at making portable music, possibly the first precursor to our modern day iPod. There was a special small player for these, but they could be played on a standard turntable (although most back in those days had auto-return). It's a very very small flexi. I actually took this one home in my pocket.

Hmm... What else...

This is the stuff I wanna read about.

Anyone have one of the USSR X-Ray records from the 50's? http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/brainiac/2011/03/unearthing_russ.html

02_st_louis_blues.jpg

Third Man just replicated them with flexi's recently. I managed to snag one at SXSW. Like this, but the X-Ray on mine is a ribcage. Sounds like garbage, but really cool to have in my collection.

Flexray600.jpg