PO: Volcano Choir - Repave

I also emailed Secretly Canadian a few weeks ago (for a different release though) about the high shipping costs and this was what I got back.

Hello,

I was interested in buying a copy of Dinosaur Jr.'s "I Bet on Sky" on the tour exclusive colored vinyl, until I saw the price for shipping. Why is shipping so expensive? The album itself costs $19 and it's an extra $10 to ship it. That's over 50% of the price of the record itself. I'm just wondering why you don't used a cheaper shipping method, like Media Mail? I love SC and I'd order a ton more vinyl if the shipping were more reasonable. I just can't justify these shipping rates. Any info you could provide would be great.

Thanks,

Jared

Hi Jared, 

Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry we know postage is really steep! We ship all vinyl USPS Priority Rate. We received too many damaged or lost vinyl complaints when we shipped order via Medi Mail. We've seen big increases in postage rates over the years due to fuel prices and our post office continually losing money and having to raise rates as a result. 

Again thanks so much for the feedback. 

Jessie 

Newbury Comics has an exclusive clear blue version limited to 500:

Volcano Choir - 'Repave' on clear blue vinyl - ltd to 500 pcs!www.newburycomics.comAutographed CD Booklets, Pre-Order Promotions, Rock Posters, Music & Pop Culture Goods

$24.98 shipped

glad people are liking this record, i think the first 4 songs are some of the best stuff Justin has done personally. definitely light years ahead of Unmap

Volcano Choir - 'Repave' on clear blue vinyl - ltd to 500 pcs!www.newburycomics.comAutographed CD Booklets, Pre-Order Promotions, Rock Posters, Music & Pop Culture Goods

$24.98 shipped

glad people are liking this record, i think the first 4 songs are some of the best stuff Justin has done personally. definitely light years ahead of Unmap

anyway to tell if the newbury exclusive is a gatefold like the clear from scdistribution? not a deal breaker just curious

$24.98 shipped

That's super tempting.

I'm sure it's the same jackets just a different variant.

Not saying you're wrong, but the UO exclusive red variant of Bon Iver - S/T was not gatefold while the regular release was, so there is a bit of a precedent for the jackets being different on Jagjaguwar/SCDistribution releases.

Not saying you're wrong, but the UO exclusive red variant of Bon Iver - S/T was not gatefold while the regular release was, so there is a bit of a precedent for the jackets being different on Jagjaguwar/SCDistribution releases.

I guess that's possible. I'm just used to what usually happens with this. If I'm wrong, feel free to say mean things to me. I'll take it like a MAN.

By the way that Red variant of BI,BI was one of the best purchases I've ever made.

good call... let's hope it's the same gatefold, since the price is basically the same... (and a little hefty for a single LP)

re: BI, BI, i had already bought the regular one before the red one came about, so i just swapped the discs and sold the black one to a friend for like $10