PO: Thrice - Identity Crisis repress?

Lol you are the guy who thanked SRC for this on twitter after almost a year of having it preordered. You know they had nothing to do with this release and if they hadn't jumped the gun on the preorders they wouldn't have had your money for a year?

Agreed. Not to mention after waiting a year for a premature preorder, the color variant sucks. Clear with black streaks? Mine looks like clear with pencil scribble by a 2 year old

Agreed. Not to mention after waiting a year for a premature preorder, the color variant sucks. Clear with black streaks? Mine looks like clear with pencil scribble by a 2 year old

I'm really happy with the way my color turned out. I have records on pre-order all year round, so waiting since June didn't keep me up at night. 

I guess as with any record with smoke or black streaks there's a lot of variation to account for.

Got my copy from interpunk today and was confused at first since I was almost sure it was just a solid black. Unless I held it up directly to light, not much was visible (and it was mostly a green, teal-ish color, not sure why my camera made it so blue in that last one) 

http://oi57.tinypic.com/sq7ded.jpg

Damn, that's awesome.

First time seeing the clear copies too.

These will be going up in my store very soon - there have been a ton of issues getting these pressed and after all the issues I just want them all done before I start selling them and they can ship immediately.

I appreciate this. Too many people jump the gun on releases and then orders get cancelled or messed up. Thank you Matt. (Also thanks for the update.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty sure Matt said the stampers broke on this during the pressing so that would mean they didn't finish the pressing and that they probably sent copies to distributors because they probably paid for a certain amount that was to be pressed already. To me it was worth waiting a few more months for an album put out 13 years ago to save some $$ and buy it directly from the label.

Pretty sure Matt said the stampers broke on this during the pressing so that would mean they didn't finish the pressing and that they probably sent copies to distributors because they probably paid for a certain amount that was to be pressed already. To me it was worth waiting a few more months for an album put out 13 years ago to save some $$ and buy it directly from the label.

I appreciate that. 

This above statement pretty much sums things up as well. With the mishaps from manufacturing I didn't want to put up my copies until they were all done and in hand. 

Interpunk had some of the blue copies. SRC has the clear / black copies. 

• 2 weeks later...