Watches (The Thread)

I'm going on vacation in a few weeks and I don't want to carry around my phone (purposely going stealth). I need a watch but have no idea what is cool these days. Thinking about hitting up CCS.com but since VC is rotten with savvy and stylish users I figured I'd ask for some opinions. I like modern/minimalist devices but I'm not looking to spend an arm and a leg.

i don't know what's trendy and what isn't when it comes to watches (so i don't know if this will get me made fun of) but my girlfriend got me a nixon for my birthday

A049-1113-view1.jpg

i'm a fan of the simplicity (she got me the one pictured above) but they have a wide variety at all price ranges: http://www.nixon.com/mens/watches/

I own a small collection of around 7 watches of which my favorite one is a Maurice Lacroix that I've got from my parents. Wouldn't suggest  buying one if it's only for vacation because you could probably going on holidays twice for that price  :lol:  :D 

RIght now, I'm wearing my Festina which I highly recommend! Superb price/quality ratio (~$250, if you find one at all) and beautiful!

big_f16081_6.jpg

Fossil is a good way to go, I have 3 that I use regularly. No complaints. I also like the Timex Weekender. It's a cheap but durable watch and once you have the face, you can buy and switch out the bands separately and start building a collection that way. Here's the site, but I'd order off of amazon. 

http://www.timex.com/collections/timex-weekender