I've Stepped Aside as a Mod

Dear All,

I have resigned as a Mod.

Let me contextualize this and explain. In the past six months I’ve lost three people from my life, had a film premiere at Sundance, watched my beloved Jersey Shore destroyed, served four straight days without sleep responding to the crisis, completed a triathlon...my life has been the ultimate up and down story. I’ve accomplished as much as I ever have at the highest level and I’ve lost about as much as I can ever imagine.

A couple weeks ago my 27 year old cousin was found dead. As I’ve comforted my family, mourned my loss, cried my eyes out and wrote my eulogy I came to a conclusion. I’m in a very different place in my life than I was a year ago and my priorities have shifted significantly. I can no longer adequately moderate this place and you need a good mod – VC deserves better than what I can give when my heart isn’t in it.

The harsher reality is that in the past two weeks the thing that drove me nuts the most was my mod messages and that whenever I checked in here there was someone griping about something ridiculous. I feel I may have ultimately aged out of collecting vinyl or at least actively discussing it. Buying vinyl was the only way I could afford music when I began – the shittier the cover the happier I was because it would save me some money. The repeated griping over being screwed out of some limited color or someone pissed about a seam split or yet another $30 repress has me realizing that this isn’t what I loved about music. In fact, it’s everything I rejected. I didn’t want to buy $20 cds at the mall. I didn’t care about condition as long as the music was clean. I certainly never felt screwed that I couldn’t own a Youth of Today 7” with a Batman Stamp on it either.

So, I’m in essence leaving the circus. This has grown into something I can’t actively participate in and it makes me sad. What doesn’t make me sad is purging a ton of shit from my collection and instead spinning records with my three year old that he chooses based on the cover image (he is currently in love with the Dave Hause 7” series, he calls them the “number records”). That makes me feel good about music and vinyl. The self-entitled brats that have overrun this place do not and due to where I now stand in life I don’t have the patience to laugh and turn the other cheek. In a moment of self-awareness I can admit many of you have no issue with this so instead of clogging the board with responses it’s better for me to just hang back and chime every week or two when I have something of substance to offer.

I made a lot of good friends on here, I’ll be coming around from time to time but I don’t think I’ll be on as much ever again. Many of you have my number – text me or hit me on Facebook or PM me here since I get the emails. To anyone on here that ever pulled a record for me – Thank you for making this an awesome place, keep doing it. For anyone I ever pulled a record for – I hope you pass along the favor and that I helped you smile for a second.

Peace,

Jersey

I'll be around - just not nearly as active gang. I can't Mod a board I'm visiting once every few days and that drives me to frustration. It wouldn't be fair to all of you. 

just ban 'em all, let shiva sort them out

good luck with everything right now dave, sorry to hear you've had such a rough year, I really hope for your sake things start to improve for you now... but what I hope happens is when you win an oscar, dont leave this place and your mod-status from your thank you's. 

Not only are we losing the best mod, but we're losing time with one of our best members. Thanks for all the good times and sorry about the real life situations you're going through. I'm sure it makes all this seem pretty insignificant. When you need your community, we're here for ya.

I was tipped over the edge last night with a PM to me. I put in to ban the ass as my final request as Mod. VC needs to start booting some of the bigger bitches to get this place back into balance with being fun.

Thanks for the kind words all. I'll be checking in. Maybe something will spark me back to heavier participation. Right now I'm looking forward to my nephews Bar Mitzvah tomorrow and a nice weekend with my boy. Oh, and the Night Birds at the Lanes - PM me if you're going. I'll buy you a beer or soda, whatever is appropriate. 

That makes me feel good about music and vinyl. The self-entitled brats that have overrun this place do not and due to where I now stand in life I don’t have the patience to laugh and turn the other cheek.

Funny thing is I was just thinking these same thoughts the other day, and told myself I would make a conscious effort to not come on these boards as much for the reasons listed above. *Standing ovation*

Best of luck man. Hope to see you around these parts from time to time.

I was tipped over the edge last night with a PM to me. I put in to ban the ass as my final request as Mod. VC needs to start booting some of the bigger bitches to get this place back into balance with being fun.

Thanks for the kind words all. I'll be checking in. Maybe something will spark me back to heavier participation. Right now I'm looking forward to my nephews Bar Mitzvah tomorrow and a nice weekend with my boy. Oh, and the Night Birds at the Lanes - PM me if you're going. I'll buy you a beer or soda, whatever is appropriate. 

SHARE THE PM 

SHARE THE MMEMBER NAME

you should, as your final act as Mod, list all the bigger bitches on this forum.

johneedeformed(IP: 96.41.81.102 )

Thrift Store 7"

View Collection

View My Sale/Trade List

625]

Sent Today, 06:48 AM

Hello, I wanted to let you know that one of your Moderators has been harassing me on Ebay using foul language and sexual harassment. This user's name is Shitty Rambo.

On June 21, 2013, this member contacted me on Ebay under the user name "*******" and sent the following unprovoked message in response to a listing on Ebay "Why be a snake and front like you have a colored copy in your title? that's pretty low dude. be honest. I can't stand bullshitters like you on eBay and can't understand where you get off trying to screw over vinyl collectors.

respond if you want, it will never change the fact that you're a jerk and the reason why punk-rock is dead."

Which I replied with: "Not sure why you are so angry but I suggest calming down before you make yourself sick. The item is what, $17.5? Get real, dude. Who is possibly getting the "screw?" The red blue green yellow refers to the members of the band. I have sold this item before and have not had any complaints. Seriously, calm down. Pretty ironic to throw some of these comments at someone for a $17.50 record. Find something better to do with your time please.

By the way, since you insist on harassing other members with foul language, do not contact me again in any way, shape or form or else law enforcement will be notified."

This member then sent the following message: "eat a dick partner :D"

Furthermore, upon searching the message boards, I came upon the following thread:http://boards.vinylc...repress/page-25

In this thread, the member Shitty Rambo has been discussing his warped copy of the album and shows images of weights sitting on top of his vinyl.

Upon further inspection, I noticed that the Ebay member "*******" has this same album for sale at $29.99 ($2 less than retail) with the description:

"THESE RECORDS SKIP! Badly! Both sides of both discs. I've adjusted my table any way I could and I still cannot get them to play properly. Very disappointing, given the gigantic hassle I went through to get this album.

Aside from that everything else is OK. They have a very slight warp but aren't scratched."

Upon a quick search of the user name "*******" it was discovered that member Shitty Rambo has associated his account with an email containing the same username in Post #107 of the following thread: http://boards.vinylc...03#entry1032106

I find it to look in rather poor light for Vinyl Collective, Fork Radio and Shop Radio Cast to be associated with Moderators who exhibit such a low level of class, respect and maturity when dealing with other members of the vinyl community.

Not only does he accuse others of "screwing over vinyl collectors" but he has the nerve to be charging $29.99 for a record that he had weights sitting on top of and admits that they don't even play properly? THIS is who is allowed to be a moderator of the great/respected Vinyl Collective?

I sure hope vinyl collective, shop radio cast and fork radio do not condone such abuse and harassment of it's members. This experience is shameful.

jerseydave77(IP: 70.192.67.247 )

Tour Press

• LocationNJ
View Collection

View My Sale/Trade List

625]

Sent Today, 07:14 PM

Hey,

While I appreciate your long letter I need to let you know that I am no longer a Mod. I also want to shoot straight here.

Shitty Rambo has been a mature quality member of this board for some time. I found the note to you so out of character i decided to dig around. Lets be honest, you showed up, have done nothing but antagonize people and act like a total bitch. He reacted to your behavior. It might not have been the way i would have gone about it but so be it.

I'm leaving VC but I see members like you as a huge part of what is driving me and many other long time members away. So my parting gift to VC was suggesting you be banned from the board for being an all around prick,

Grow up.

-dc

Looking For: 1. Scott Walker OG vinyl. 2. The Mob "Upset the System" 7" 3. SS Decontrol "The Kids..." 1st Pres