DEAL FOUND: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon 2M-R for 340 shipped!

Set mine up, took me a while to get the tone arm balanced because I'm OCD. Love it! Even with my crap amp/preamp (saving for better eventually) it it killer.

Anyone with this find it tough to snap the protective guard for the stylus back on? First time I tried putting it back it slipped and it grazed the stylus giving me a heart attack. Luckily it still plays fine, no observed damage. But even when I tried a second time I just couldn't get it easily.  Now it's exposed (with the dust guard over the whole table) because I played some more music and couldn't get it the 3rd time. I'll try to snap that back tab in and I just can't get it without applying what I feel is too much pressure (fear of sliding the guard across the needle again.)

I don't know if it's me or if they're just SOB's to snap back on easily.

Set mine up, took me a while to get the tone arm balanced because I'm OCD. Love it! Even with my crap amp/preamp (saving for better eventually) it it killer.

Anyone with this find it tough to snap the protective guard for the stylus back on? First time I tried putting it back it slipped and it grazed the stylus giving me a heart attack. Luckily it still plays fine, no observed damage. But even when I tried a second time I just couldn't get it easily. Now it's exposed (with the dust guard over the whole table) because I played some more music and couldn't get it the 3rd time. I'll try to snap that back tab in and I just can't get it without applying what I feel is too much pressure (fear of sliding the guard across the needle again.)

I don't know if it's me or if they're just SOB's to snap back on easily.

You don't need to keep taking the stylus guard on and off. I only use it when I transport it. So like twice.

The white output channel failed on mine :( Any ideas? Should I just send it back for a working one? I am 100% certain it is the white output channel, tested EVERYTHING else. Wires, amp, preamp, speakers, it's the output.

Eh, fixed it. The channel somehow got shoved way back and no contact was being made. I just popped it off, pushed it back, all is well. Don't know how it happened since I set it up and haven't touched it. Maybe the fucking cats.

Hey Kyle, I'm a little slow to the whole Ebates show...so i just sign up with my email address and type in a password. I selected $5 Ebates on the selection board of possible "gift cards" and then I went to the musicians friend store. 

How exactly am I getting "money back?" Does it go to my paypal account? Do they send me a check? I'm definitely going to do this, but again, like many are a little confused on what the hell Ebates is exactly. 

If I could get this table for around $325 like was stated before...that would be incredible. 

Edit: And what do you guys recommend when it comes to insurance? I'm assuming the vast majority just buy the TT, but wanted to ask. 

Protect Your Gear

Accidental damage, normal wear and power surges are no longer an issue with these comprehensive and affordable plans. We even pay to ship your gear for repairs. More details.

• 3-YEAR Protection for $69.99

Accidental Damage Coverage Included

• 2-YEAR Protection for $44.99

Accidental Damage Coverage Included

Hey Kyle, I'm a little slow to the whole Ebates show...so i just sign up with my email address and type in a password. I selected $5 Ebates on the selection board of possible "gift cards" and then I went to the musicians friend store. 

How exactly am I getting "money back?" Does it go to my paypal account? Do they send me a check? I'm definitely going to do this, but again, like many are a little confused on what the hell Ebates is exactly. 

If I could get this table for around $325 like was stated before...that would be incredible. 

I was reading up about the ebates thing and apparently you can set your account up to either receive the money through PayPal or with a mailed check. To get it through PayPal you have to have a verified PayPal account.

There's some dollar minimum that you have to achieve to get any money back at all (I think $10), basically to deter people from signing up and getting the free $5 and then never using it again. 

The "payout" happens every 3 months, and the next one is on the 15th of August if I remember correctly.

Ebates:

All you need to do is make sure once you're logged into ebates that you select musician's friend from the list and then you're redirected to musician's friend.  You make the purchase and really that's it.  In a few days you should get an email saying that your cash back bonus has been posted to your account.  Then they do their payouts every three months, lately they've been offering you to cash out your money for an amazon gift card early, but normally you just wait and the money will be transferred to your paypal account if thats set up.  Otherwise I believe they send you a physical check in the mail.  Its all pretty straight forward, if the money doesn't show up in your account you can contact them and they're usually really quick in responding and putting the money into your pending account.  I've been doing it for a few years now and its a pretty sweet deal to get unexpected money.