Tides of Man - Young and Courageous (Stream Inside) FFO: Instrumental Music, Post Rock

New instrumental album from Tides of Man coming in October! Support these guys, they rule.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tides-of-man-is-making-a-new-record

Hello!

For the past two years, we have been working through many barriers to create our new sound. In 2010, when we dropped off of our 10th US Tour, we came home wondering what the next step for the band would be. It took some time to figure out where we wanted to go from there, but we all knew that we weren't going to give up on our collective dream.

At first, we decided to try out singers, and while many were very good, we couldn't find exactly what we were looking for. Meanwhile, our influences in music were rapidly changing. We were discovering a whole new sound when we would play, and the comradery of the band was beginning to become tighter than ever. 

Fast forward this progression two more years, and we are now more ready than ever to record and release a full length, all instrumental album. It is a culmination of all of our hardships, all of our humbling experiences, and all of our lessons learned these past two years. This album represents our lives as we see them. It is a very personal communication about our "growing pains", yet we feel that every person that hears it will be able to relate to the sound and create their own backdrop of experiences. 

We are dying to share this album with you and we need your help! By being a part of this album, you will literally be a part of creating Tides of Man's future as a band. We want to thank each and everyone of you for your continual support and patience with us!

I want to support this, I really do. But everything that they've put out since they kicked out Tilian has been kinda... mediocre. I guess I'm just not into very much instrumental music. I dunno. Their first two albums blew me away. Plus, $35 for a CD, poster, and bonus tracks you'll likely be able to get for $1 each? No thanks.

Also, Tilian's solo album was a major disappointment in my eyes. Really really bad.

Yeah. He did an acoustic version of one of the songs, though, and its one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. The album was crap though. But he's in Dance Gavin Dance now. Problem solved.

Have they looked for a singer or do they just want to be an instrumental band now?

They did tryouts. Never picked anyone.

New vinyl options

$50

Get a signed vinyl of the new album! Includes digital download of album one day before it's release date! Limited quantities being made so get them while they're hot! International Shipping Fees not included.

$60

Get a signed vinyl of the new album, a digital download of album one day before it's release date, and a NEW Tides Of Man t-shirt! (Limited quantities of vinyl being made) International Shipping Fees not included.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be the one to bump this topic, but it has been awhile since any discussion has happened about this, and I know several of you guys are Tides fans. There's a little more than a week left to donate to Tides of Man' Indiegogo campaign. I believe they added one more vinyl option, Let's Get Physical, since the post above mine. This option seems like a pretty sweet choice. The vinyl options include:

$50

Vinyl - Basic

Get a signed vinyl of the new album! Includes digital download of the album one day before it's release date! Limited quantities being made so get them while they're hot! International Shipping Fees not included.

$55

Let's Get Physical!

Get a signed vinyl of the new album + a signed physical copy of the album and a poster featuring the new album art! International Shipping Fees not included.

$60

Vinyl - Deluxe

Get a signed vinyl of the new album, a digital download of album one day before it's release date, and a NEW Tides of Man t-shirt! (Limited quantities of vinyl being made) International Shipping Fees not included.

The prices are, in many ways, pretty hefty. However, I think the prices are justified if you're a big enough fan of the band. I think their music translates really well to instrumental.

Thoughts?

I still really loved their two albums, and even besides Tilian's addition to the music, the instrumentation was really good and technical. But in the song they released, a lot of the things that made it good were gone, in my opinion. They said in their video that their 'technical skills' were 'taking a backseat', and I was very bored with the song. Not the mention how high the prices were. I still think I'm out.

• 5 months later...

Release date is finally here. Stream the album here.

http://tidesofman.bandcamp.com/

I'm sure everyone who backed the IGG knows the vinyl was delayed, it should be up for ordering by itself once the band has them in their hands.

Album is incredible, more people need to hear this.

• 1 month later...