Tides of Man - Young and Courageous (Stream Inside) FFO: Instrumental Music, Post Rock

If you love crescendo-driven, multi-layered, perfectly produced masterpieces, then IMO you will!

That's honestly how I feel about it. I feel like there are tons of elements from lots of bands but it all blends together perfectly.

I think the song "Drift" through "We Were Only Dreaming" is a flawless stretch of music.

I dunno man. This album just hit me in such a different way. I'm not usually into something this much this quickly. I think part of it, too, is that I'm visualizing hearing these songs live, & that helps me enjoy it so much.

I can't believe how good this album is. Been obsessing since I found it yesterday.

Why aren't more people listening to this mind-blowing album?

That is so cool, even if I'm not fire for it, good stuff -- glad to see you are into them

No one seems to be into Pet Slimmers at all, which I would have guessed opposite, ha!

Someone linked me a 25 minute EP postrock from  Sweden from 2012 and it was good - kind of like pg.lost lighter at times and best when heavier moments, but not too much. I have to listen again post 'over there' :)

If you love crescendo-driven, multi-layered, perfectly produced masterpieces, then IMO you will!

Sounds like something that has been done a million times. I listened to this band when they had vocals a few weeks ago and god damn it was awful. Post rock needs to fucking die.

I'm slowly starting to hate this place. See ya guys later.

LOL, I agree they might not be have a "ground-breaking" sound, but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. If bands can turn a tried & true formula into something that, you know, is still good to listen to, that works for me. If we start expecting every band to be the next Radiohead, I think we're going to be pretty disappointed.

And you said you listened to this band with vocals only? Supposedly these guys don't even sound like that any more. I'll admit I haven't even tapped into their back catalogue at all because I haven't even cared to yet, so I can't completely comment on that.

Maybe just stick to the threads that pertain to the music you like and you won't be so angry. Just a thought.

• 4 weeks later...

Up for order now. Damn pricey ($32.50 with shipping in US) but yolo.

Out of /250, 2x black LP. They said this is probably the only pressing at least for a long while. I love this album enough to still buy.

http://tidesofman.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=94f567bea8c67ee104c049622&id=aa948f92bb&e=614ee8d761

• 2 weeks later...