Touche Amore "Is Survived By" LP coming 09.24.13

so i got my red copy today and while the whole thing looks amazing the record is incredibly dirty and full of glue residue (at least i believe this is what it is). ive tried cleaning it as much as i can but there are still dots that seem to be too far in the grooves.

does anybody have a trick how to clean that mess up? i wanna try as much as possible before complaining to DW, haha.

I have no idea what version this is, but Best Buy has this on sale for $6.99.  Just wanted to help anyone who wants this for cheap.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/is-survived-by-lp-vinyl/21696687.p?id=2734590&skuId=21696687&st=touche%20amore&lp=2&cp=1

Love how there's no image. 

Lolz. 

Sweet. 

• 2 years later...
16 minutes ago, poweredbytrust said:

I've been wondering for a while when there would be a second press, considering the crazy amount of 1st press copies. Also crazy how they seem to have sold out of them, I'm happy for the band even though I'm not super stoked for Stage Four for some reason.. 

Stage Four is easily the best music that the band has made so far.  It's an. Incredible record.  

• 3 years later...
4 hours ago, kill_taker said:

Hate bumping old threads but there's a new (?) repress of this on a nice looking split variant:

https://deathwishinc.com/collections/touche-amore/products/touche-amore-is-survived-by

For the hobby I guess

As soon as death wish runs out of a TA press it’s gunna get repressed

• 3 years later...

Wonder why a perfectly good sounding record needs a remix/remaster. Should have done it for the 7.5-year anniversary though. Also missing the 2nd lp with demos and live tracks, could have easily made it to a 50 bucks deluxe package, kinda dissapointed.

the band didn't love how they recorded it and it's been bothering them for a long time so they wanted to have Brad and Emily Lazar remix and remaster it - it definitely sounds a lot clearer and packs a bit more punch in certain songs and moments (specially Kerosine and DNA for me)

I grabbed a tan of this since I don’t have any copies. All the variants are cool. Also interesting/disappointing that every variant has a different essay by a different band member. Gotta buy them all to read them all?

Although TBH I could see why it needs a remaster. I heard about Touché during this album cycle and La Dispute at the same time. I basically chose La Dispute as my preferred sound because TA songs felt cramped or difficult to understand Jeremy. After kinda getting my foot in on the style/genre I went back to TA.

17 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

the band didn't love how they recorded it and it's been bothering them for a long time so they wanted to have Brad and Emily Lazar remix and remaster it - it definitely sounds a lot clearer and packs a bit more punch in certain songs and moments (specially Kerosine and DNA for me)

Ahh super interesting. Didn't know any of that. 

The product description quotes Jeremy as wanting to have it sound closer to Four, and less “claustrophobic”.  I don’t know if I had any big problems with ISB’s mix, but I also know that Four sounds great.  So I’m interested in hearing the new mix, especially as a side-by-side.

44 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Wonder why a perfectly good sounding record needs a remix/remaster. Should have done it for the 7.5-year anniversary though. Also missing the 2nd lp with demos and live tracks, could have easily made it to a 50 bucks deluxe package, kinda dissapointed.

qq.png