Touche Amore "Is Survived By" LP coming 09.24.13

The headliner isn't decided by street cred, it is simply a matter of who initiates the tour, funds the process, books the dates and then chooses their support. Usually when a band is in support of an album, they do a headlining run. There are often older or more veteran bands who support newer bands.

I think they were calling it a co-headlining tour, but it's definitely Touche Amore who is bringing kids out and selling out the shows.

I love mewithoutyou and have seen them a few times since around the time they released Catch for Us the Foxes, but I don't see them drawing Touche Amore sized crowds.

At the SLC show it almost seemed as though more people were there to see mewithoutyou.  It's almost to know for sure obviously but there seemed to be a bigger crowd watching during mewithoutyou.  Jeremy Bolm watched the majority of their set from the crowd and seemed to be really into it.

That's probably like 20 minutes. Sounds about right for the first opener on a 4 band show.

I'm super bummed Drug Church aren't playing the show I'm going to. I'm stoked Caravels are playing, but goddamit, I want Drug Church too.

Yeah I know that's about how long they should be playing based on the line up. I just want them to play every song they've ever released. I can never win.

I wish Drug Church and Caravels were both playing the whole tour, because I really want to see Caravels too.

TA headlined and killed it. I've seen them half a dozen times and they have yet to disappoint. None of those red covered deluxe versions. I was in five minutes after doors opened. Didn't see anyone walking around with one either. I didn't care enough to ask about it though. 

I don't like Seahaven much. The band is great but the lead vocals do nothing for me. Especially live.

Drug Church rules. MWY hasn't ever been a favorite of mine, but I really enjoyed their set. Pretty solid show overall.

I think they were calling it a co-headlining tour, but it's definitely Touche Amore who is bringing kids out and selling out the shows.

I love mewithoutyou and have seen them a few times since around the time they released Catch for Us the Foxes, but I don't see them drawing Touche Amore sized crowds.

Saw the Seattle show last night, and I was baffled that about half the crowd left after mwY.  Maybe it's not the case at every stop of this tour, but they were definitely the bigger draw last night.

TA headlined and killed it. I've seen them half a dozen times and they have yet to disappoint. None of those red covered deluxe versions. I was in five minutes after doors opened. Didn't see anyone walking around with one either. I didn't care enough to ask about it though. 

I don't like Seahaven much. The band is great but the lead vocals do nothing for me. Especially live.

Drug Church rules. MWY hasn't ever been a favorite of mine, but I really enjoyed their set. Pretty solid show overall.

I asked their merch guy at the end of the night.  He said the red version was supposed to be ready in time for this tour, but it just didn't happen, and that they'd be going up online eventually.

Totally agree with you on the show, though I missed Drug Church because the will call line was insane even at 9:00.  You'd almost think Neumos had never put on a show before.  But TA fucking killed it - for a band who writes songs that are often less than 2 minutes long, they take fewer and shorter breaks than most bands.  I didn't hate mwY, but their set didn't make me want to buy up their albums either.

Saw the Seattle show last night, and I was baffled that about half the crowd left after mwY. Maybe it's not the case at every stop of this tour, but they were definitely the bigger draw last night.

I asked their merch guy at the end of the night. He said the red version was supposed to be ready in time for this tour, but it just didn't happen, and that they'd be going up online eventually.

Totally agree with you on the show, though I missed Drug Church because the will call line was insane even at 9:00. You'd almost think Neumos had never put on a show before. But TA fucking killed it - for a band who writes songs that are often less than 2 minutes long, they take fewer and shorter breaks than most bands. I didn't hate mwY, but their set didn't make me want to buy up their albums either.

Hm. Maybe they will have them soon or let us know when they go up online. Let's hope we all get lucky.