Touche Amore "Is Survived By" LP coming 09.24.13

I grew up listening to punk from the 70's and 80's and when I first heard the name Touche Amore I thought they were some twee electronica band and never looked at the thread. When I started listening to TTBOADH I was not immediately sold, but was very interested. When I heard PTSBBAM I was completely blown away. It really changed the way I looked at current music and means a lot to me in many different ways. To say this is my most anticipated release of the year is an understatement. Fan boy gushing, but what the fuck can you do.

Looks like it's a track title by Thriller?  Who I've never heard of, but apparently featured Jeremy Bolm.  The More You Know™.

Dude, I'm surprised you didn't grow up going to these shows! They played everywhere around LA. This was of course back in the heyday of heavyheavylowlow/meandhimcallitus shants bullshit. Thriller was a blast to watch. Then Jeremy got serious and started touché. I didn't mean to sound like a dick, just good memories is all.

Dude, I'm surprised you didn't grow up going to these shows! They played everywhere around LA. This was of course back in the heyday of heavyheavylowlow/meandhimcallitus shants bullshit. Thriller was a blast to watch. Then Jeremy got serious and started touché. I didn't mean to sound like a dick, just good memories is all.

No, no worries at all.  I just saw the ridiculous title and assumed we were - yet again - playing the absurd band name game.  You know, the one that seems to happen in every Touché thread when people begin discussing how "dumb" the name is, and how it's deterred them from ever checking out their music.  (I'm actually surprised that no one has brought up this one, yet.)  It was a long shift at work, so I'm not exactly firing on all cylinders.  No harm, no foul.  For what it's worth, I'm regrettably stuck in northern California, too.  I often daydream of living within walking distance of the bay area or LA music scene... but sadly they're four and eight hours away, respectively.  Thriller sounds like they'd be a blast to catch live.

• 2 weeks later...

yes - will be released towards the end of the month. We release a new podcast every Friday and this week we are posting our discussion with Vinnie Caruana and next week is our P.O.S podcast. Jeremy's will be posted on the 26th.

Cool. I listened to the podcast Jeremy did with 100 words or less a while back last night and it was great. Look forward to hearing it.

I appreciate the me and him name drop.