Touche Amore "Is Survived By" LP coming 09.24.13

They have a song called Such Small Hands. I hate that song. That song was the first song I heard from them and I thought I could never get into LD, but then I heard the rest of the album and it was amazing.

For a good while that was the only song I liked by them, cause I couldn't get into the rest of the album for some reason.

But I ended up loving it when I finally gave it a chance, so it worked out.

theres no denying the new song sounds very la dispute-y.

I don't really hear this - Jeremy sounds like he has always sounded like.  It's a lazy comparison if anything

Yes.

Which gives me even more reason not to like it. A band I don't like sounding like another band I do t like? Welp.

wouldn't expect anything less than a moronic statement from you - well done

I don't really hear this - Jeremy sounds like he has always sounded like. It's a lazy comparison if anything

I completely agree. I really don't hear how the new song sounds like La Dispute at all. The lyrics are a bit more "talk-y" than on previous Touche songs, but not to the extent that it sounds like La Dispute and instrumentally it definitely sounds like a Touche song.

I don't really hear this - Jeremy sounds like he has always sounded like.  It's a lazy comparison if anything

wouldn't expect anything less than a moronic statement from you - well done

wait what about it makes it moronic? the fact that i have an opinion or the opinion of the la dispute thing, which many other people in here seem to agree with? because both seem like invalid reasons to call that moronic.

They have a song called Such Small Hands. I hate that song. That song was the first song I heard from them and I thought I could never get into LD, but then I heard the rest of the album and it was amazing. 

I wouldn't say I hate the song, but it's the one song that all the youngins get into and play over and over again when there are so many other great LD songs. It's mostly just over-hyped and over-played. 

I wasn't a big Touche fan, but I think I am really going to love their new album. I like when bands change it up a little from album to album. It shows that they are learning and growing. Intelligence is a good thing.

Plus they rock live.  :D

FYI - anyone overseas having crummy gateway timeout issues, a workaround is to just place two separate orders.  The deluxe is shipping separate from anything else ordered, and this is causing some issues with our USPS store plug in.  It's kinda a stupid pain, and we apologize, but the cost of shipping will be the same, since the deluxe will be shipping on its own at a later date anyway. 

FYI - anyone overseas having crummy gateway timeout issues, a workaround is to just place two separate orders.  The deluxe is shipping separate from anything else ordered, and this is causing some issues with our USPS store plug in.  It's kinda a stupid pain, and we apologize, but the cost of shipping will be the same, since the deluxe will be shipping on its own at a later date anyway. 

should have known this the day the preorder went online. would have saved me an hour clicking "refresh" ;-)

La Dispute appeals to me in their lyrical & instrumental complexity.

Touché appeals to me in a more punk / heartfelt way. Both in music and lyrics.

In other words, La Dispute is more of a "storytelling" band where as Touché is more of a band you can relate to. If that makes sense.

I love both. But if I had a gun pointed to my head, I'd probably go Touché. But La Dispute is so damn good too!

my exact opinion as well