Dexter season 8

I thought of this too, recreating the whole "born in blood" thing that Dexter experienced as a baby. But then I remembered it already happened with Rita, so I think it would be a little repetitive and over the top to have it happen again... but with the originality factor for this season being at an all time low, I wouldn't put it past the writers.

Totally forgot they've already done it

I was so excited when I saw the nudity warning before the episode. The they started doing it and..noooooooooo

Also, I took Zacks death followed by that scene with Vogel as Vogel being the one that killed him. Am I dumb for that?

i was going back and forth, but the scene with her and the brain, she has phone in hand so i think she was calling dex to say, "he's still out there and left me a care package again"

Vogel is definitely not the brain surgeon and she wouldn't have killed Zack. She advised Dexter against killing him. I already called it that the brain surgeon was still out there.  I knew he would show up, but didn't think he would kill Zack. Not sure what the purpose of that is supposed to be except to show Dexter and Vogel that he is still there. Seems like the writers are desperately trying to keep their audience interested, but not doing a good job of it. whomp whomp....still hoping this season ends sooner than later. 

i liked the last 2 episodes quite a lot

i think we haven´t met the real brain surgeon yet. maybe the season gains a bit more dynamic to the end.

though i´m still gad this is the last season, as mentioned before - it is time for dex to end. he got away with it way to long.

while i was watching before i already had that thought - why hasn´t anyone catched him in a scene he couldn´t get away with. about damn time!

Just watched the last episode. I agree with what Ian said about Quinn. Here's what I think

Quinn got his panties in a bunch when he didn't get the promotion and when the Captain told him to stop following Zack...so he killed dexters neighbor to try and frame Zack so he could tell the captain to suck it and that he was right.

I actually have no idea about the Brain Surgeon. Like I've said before, I've watched this show since the beginning and used to LOVE it like the majority of us here but this show has died a very very slow death and now its just painful to watch. I truly hope it ends and gets shot in the head about it 3848281726 times. No spinoffs

I believe in the plausibility of Quinn having killed the neightbor...BUT...a couple of things come to mind that bother me about that:

How did he get Zack's blood to put under her fingernails? We know Dexter deduced that they blood may have come from the broken car door handle that Zack cut his fingers on. Does that mean that Quinn had been following him the whole time he ran off to the Keys?

Why would Quinn go out of his way to show Dexter the pictures and get a "second opinion" on the similarities of the injuries and wounds on the two bodies? That to me screams trying too hard to frame Zack and connect dots that may not be there. 

Seems a lil outta character for the dumbest tv cop ever (quinn). And I think its unlikely the brain surgeon is gonna be some yet unseen character. Vogels involved (or some other current cast member). Working with the surgeon maybe? I agree that dex/deb/hannah one or more will die or get caught. As bad as this show has become though it pales in comparison to true blood!

4 episodes left, yes?

Yeah, and thank god I get the last 2 weeks of Breaking Bad alone and not have to think about watching this dreadful show before/after it. They've written themselves into so many corners they aren't even sure what a strategically, well thought out and well executed climax looks like anymore.. For Shame, Dexter! For Shame!