Dexter season 8

just watched this. Very unsatisfying. They should of just ended it at the last scene with Harrison and Hannah. I'd rather Dex actually drive into the hurricane then some how make it out. I dunno, I think he should of just went to Argentina.. what a dick. And how'd Hannah even get Harrison there? Isnt the border and shit super strict about taking children out of the country and shit? Makes no sense. And the whole killing Saxton thing..like really he can just walk away from that? And the whole Deb thing is pretty ridiculous, I feel like they had the hurricane so they could just blame all the ridiculous shit on it. How does nobody notice him taking all that shit off, her dying and him just taking her in his boat. Shit's so fucked. Also did somebody legit say something about a spinoff?? I feel like that would be Harrison or some shit. I dunno, im slightly intoxicated.. I think my favorite part about this episode was when Dex grabbed the fork at the hospital.. like fuck yea killing this dood with a fork.

Just got around to watching the finale. What a pile of fucking shit. It really sucks that I've watched since it first came on, devoted so much time and emotion to it and it goes out like that. It's obvious that it has gotten worse over time but its like the writers completely gave up. Such a slap in the face to the fans that stuck around through this show.

AHHHHHHHH I'm legitimately pissed!

I get so mad when people say about Lost/the stupid interviewer even thought that's what happened.

Relax dude. Nobody ITT said Lost sucks, I spent all that time watching it so I obviously cared about it.

As someone who doesn't really believe in an afterlife, them meeting in a church and talking about moving on wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't set fire to the nearest VW bus on my block or anything. It's a fictional TV show.

Relax dude. Nobody ITT said Lost sucks, I spent all that time watching it so I obviously cared about it.

As someone who doesn't really believe in an afterlife, them meeting in a church and talking about moving on wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't set fire to the nearest VW bus on my block or anything. It's a fictional TV show.

it sounded a little harsher than i meant it

needless to say, i'm a huge lost nerd

But the ending of "Dexter" didn't have to go this way. Clyde Phillips, who served as executive producer and showrunner of "Dexter" for its first four seasons, revealed the ending that he would have pitched for the series in an interview with E! Online, and it sounds infinitely better than what we ended up seeing.

"In the very last scene of the series, Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery ... And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible [for] killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there," Phillips said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/23/dexter-ending_n_3976140.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

That would have been a significantly better ending.  I find it interesting that the show started to become terrible after that showrunner left too, seems like he would have had a much better direction for the show than everyone who followed had.

I think overall Dexter should have died in the end. Regardless of how it happened, he shouldn't remain. It leaves too much to the imagination. I wanted an actual ending, damnit!! But I think we all knew it wasn't going to end well since the show went to crap anyway.

it wasn't the best ending, however; leaving too much to the imagination is never a bad thing.

• 4 months later...

it wasn't the best ending, however; leaving too much to the imagination is never a bad thing.

Agreed, I loved this show and have have been watching since the first season.  I wasn't particularly fond of the ending, but it could have been  way worse.  The whole possible spinoff has me very intrigued.  (as long as it's more like the first 4 seasons).

Agreed, I loved this show and have have been watching since the first season.  I wasn't particularly fond of the ending, but it could have been  way worse.  The whole possible spinoff has me very intrigued.  (as long as it's more like the first 4 seasons).

I don't think the ending could have been any worse at all. Different strokes I guess.

I don't think the ending could have been any worse at all. Different strokes I guess.

What if Doakes popped out of the water when Dexter was about to leave in his boat and said "Surprise Motherfucker! I ain't dead" and then blew him/his boat up with a bazooka?  How would you feel then?   ;)  :P