Dexter season 8

The writing has fallen so far. No tension between Jamie and Quinn tonight? Deb's character is so poorly written this season. I really hate that I am this displeased with it after being a fan through all of the other seasons. 

It's like the replaced the writing staff with a group of people who don't quite understand what the show dexter is about.

Each episode has been getting worse and worse.

Sad but true.  At this point, Showtime is merely puting Dexter out of its misery.  They should have put this show to sleep long ago...

edit:  And I swear if they end up creating a dang spin-off from this show I'm going to lose it!

This season has absolutely been underwhelming to say the least... If they (showtime) really wanted to do this series proper justice they would have ended it in season 5 or 6 and wouldn't of killed off trinity in season 4. And those last 2 seasons would have been spent showing dexter rip people apart in pursuit of trinity. Could have been epic... Should have been epic... Instead we get a decent season in season 5, followed by a shit filled season 6 and a mediocre season 7 thanks only to the Minotaur killer... I see this being the lamest ending to a series since Lost and see nothing being completely wrapped up. If anyone cares for me to elaborate just let me know :)

I'm now more interested in the Matsuka-has-a-daughter-and-what-are-her-motives sidestory than what's going on w/ Dexter/Deb/Dr.Vogel/BrainSurgeonKillerDude. 

I thought the Matsuka with a daughter was such as "we have x episodes to fill and we're completely out of ideas" move.  It feels like something out of a soap opera.  That being said, I think you're correct in your statement that it's more interesting than the main plot thread.

That and I'm always happy to see a Friday Night Lights refuge on TV.

At this point I just want it to be over and I pray that they don't go through with any spin offs that they've talked about in the past (and brought up again really recently).

what kinda spinoff were they talking about? Ive never heard showtime say anything about that. Harrison...?

what kinda spinoff were they talking about? Ive never heard showtime say anything about that. Harrison...?

I feel like a Harrison spin off would only be Dexter 2.0 which would be dumb. But the Showtime Entertainment President has brought up wanting to do a Deb spin off for a while. And they recently signed a new deal with the Dexter show runner/exec producer, so now it's all kicking back up and the President said something along the lines of "of course a Dexter spin off is a possibility".

Nope. It just displays the same time Warner message of not carrying showtime just like all the other channels.

Fuck. I just checked and I don't have it anymore either. They got rid of regular Showtime earlier this week but HD and all the other ones were still there. Checked a little bit ago and it was all gone. Right in the middle of the season. Such bullshit.