Handsome --- just saw this..never before on vinyl

After reading over all of the drama here, one thing remains very unclear to me.  Who is putting this LP out?  6131 has it posted still for pre-order and I think grey is the only one available.  SRC says currently unavailable.  After reading this I really don't even want to mess with 6131.  Could someone that's been following this give me the lowdown?  I just want to buy this record, not interested in all the political bs.

After reading over all of the drama here, one thing remains very unclear to me.  Who is putting this LP out?  6131 has it posted still for pre-order and I think grey is the only one available.  SRC says currently unavailable.  After reading this I really don't even want to mess with 6131.  Could someone that's been following this give me the lowdown?  I just want to buy this record, not interested in all the political bs.

Both SRC and 6131 are releasing their own version of it. SRC has not made theirs available for pre-order yet. 

I recommend waiting until you see someone post a picture in this thread after they've received it in the mail and then order it from the same place as them. 

In a nutshell: 6131 and SRC both got the license to put this out. 6131 got ahead of themselves and put up pre-orders.

Then much later SRC announced their plans to also put it out in a more deluxe manner. 6131 & No Sleep Records went on some offensive and started shit-talking and mud-slinging about SRC's "handling" and saying that because they didn't get the band's permission, SRC's version is an "authorized bootleg".

People who pre-ordered from 6131/NS started requesting to cancel their orders as they saw SRC's as a better version but 6131/NS refused to cancel them.

As of right now, SRC has received the test presses for the 7" and waiting on the actual records before putting up orders for it.

Ok, that makes it a lot more clear.  Sounds like SRC will be the way to go when they get their PO up.  I feel sorry for those that put in a PO with 6131 and are having problems getting refunded.  That's a crappy deal.  I understand that people want to get a PO in for the first place that offers it so they don't run the risk of missing out by waiting, but sometimes you just have to be patient.  I'd probably end up taking the credit for something else in their store and then never buy anything from them again.

Seems kinda wasteful. At least donate them to that Vling dude so he can make keychains or whatever..

I imagine its more of a contract thing that strictly wasteful. Usually licensing is for either x copies or a certain amount per copy produced. So if they agreed on 300 copies and then get a thousand its either a breach of contract or they cant afford it.

Yeah, I saw it was up on SRC's site, but didn't realize they didn't make it available yet. Thought it was just sold out and almost ordered it from 6131, but now I will definitely get this from SRC. Should be up fairly soon though. I got a record from SRC the other day and it had a Handsome preorder flyer in it.

I imagine its more of a contract thing that strictly wasteful. Usually licensing is for either x copies or a certain amount per copy produced. So if they agreed on 300 copies and then get a thousand its either a breach of contract or they cant afford it.

To clear this up: I think the plant destroys them because they are going to repress them on the correct colors. 6131 also added more to their original order to meet demand they said.

This may be the case, but they didn't even offer black records in the preorder because if they would have I would have bought it. No surprise that 6131 is saying nothing despite the "street date" was yesterday. I emailed No Sleep & tweeted at my boy Joey @ 6131 and have heard crickets. 6131 apparently doesn't care much about honoring preorders, release dates, or general principles of customer service. I'm not sure why No Sleep is selling for them because it only makes the 6131 stink rub off on No Sleep.

PS Still no refund or store credit given to me. I gave up awhile ago on that. I'll just never buy anything from them EVER again.

To clear this up: I think the plant destroys them because they are going to repress them on the correct colors. 6131 also added more to their original order to meet demand they said.