PO soon: One Hundred Year Ocean - "Where Were You While We Were Getting High?" 12"

tumblr_mpkz1t4iqg1rp5qxjo1_r1_500.jpg

One Hundred Year Ocean - 
“Where Were You While We Were Getting High?" is now available for free / pay-what-you-want download. OHYO are an indie rock / emo band from Willimantic, CT featuring 4/8 of TWIABP. They draw influence from bands like Built to Spill, Modest Mouse, Bedhead, The Hold Steady, and Cursive. We will be releasing this EP as a one-sided 12" with pre-orders going up in the coming weeks. PO link will be posted when it's up. You can catch One Hundred Year Ocean on tour in August with Rozwell Kid.

Stream / download:
http://onehundredyearocean.bandcamp.com/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

One Hundred Year Ocean and Rozwell Kid tour dates:

8/8 - New Haven CT @ Taco Hut
8/9 - Montclair, NJ @ The Meat Locker w/ All The Hours You Wait
8/10 - Philadelphia, PA @ TBA w/ Chalmers
8/11 - York, PA @ The Deopt w/ Chalmers, Reservoir
8/12 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mr. Roboto Project w/ Run, Forever
8/14 - Flint, MI @ Flint Local 432 w/ Empire! Empire!
8/15 - Kalamazoo, MI @ Corner Record Shop
8/16 - Chicago, IL @ TBA
8/17 - Louisville, KY @ The Rudyard Kipling
8/18 - Columbus, OH @ TBA
8/19 - Huntington, WV @ The Elimination Chamber w/ Enzuigiri
8/20 - Morgantown, WV @ 123 Pleasant Street w/ David F. Bello
8/21 - Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter w/ Sundials
8/22 - Alexandria, VA @ TBA
8/23 - Brooklyn, NY @ House Party w/ Spirit Night, For Everest

• 1 month later...

For anyone interested, they're selling clear-green cassettes of this album on their tour, and there are black cassettes of "It's Not Punk But We Are Getting Close".

I'd assume if they have extras after tour (which seems likely, as I think there were only two of each sold last night, so they're not flying off the shelves or anything) they'll probably throw them up in the Broken World store.

For anyone interested, they're selling clear-green cassettes of this album on their tour, and there are black cassettes of "It's Not Punk But We Are Getting Close".

I'd assume if they have extras after tour (which seems likely, as I think there were only two of each sold last night, so they're not flying off the shelves or anything) they'll probably throw them up in the Broken World store.

will buy

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't want it to become another Glass Nail situation and screw everyone involved over.

what exactly happened with that? Now I'm gonna scare myself.

Although, the few times before this summer that I ordered from BWM, I had gotten things very quickly. I do live only 40 mins away from him but still, never had any complaints till recently. 

I just don't want it to become another Glass Nail situation and screw everyone involved over.

UGH. I still can't figure out if my AIH order is being honored with the new label or not. Broken World has done some nice releases. Waited on a couple for a while but they came and looked great at that.

what exactly happened with that? Now I'm gonna scare myself.

Although, the few times before this summer that I ordered from BWM, I had gotten things very quickly. I do live only 40 mins away from him but still, never had any complaints till recently. 

Basically he took on too much and had some projects take over a year to do which he kept changing it on, and then cut off the label and had other labels take it over after preorders that went on forever...yeah.

UGH. I still can't figure out if my AIH order is being honored with the new label or not. Broken World has done some nice releases. Waited on a couple for a while but they came and looked great at that.

I have no clue. I know Tawny Peaks records have just been shipped, I never bothered with AIH though.

UGH. I still can't figure out if my AIH order is being honored with the new label or not.

It seemed like the AIH ep was gonna get picked up by Meadowbrook along with the TP lp, but they are closing down after the last couple releases come out. So that's not happening now. Doesn't look good. I got lucky and was autorefunded my money by PayPal for the AIH, TP, Eyes Wide and Gatherer Glass Nail releases. I guess the dude had closed down his Paypal account so there was no where for my money to go.

Hope these are still available Friday. Wanna grab both and that tshirt. Can't wait for their LP, the live versions on "It's Not Punk" are amazing.

im almost positive they will be.  the only reason the black are gone is because there was an extremely small amount of them, im assuming they sold some at the shows, so there would have been less than 15 online.

im almost positive they will be.  the only reason the black are gone is because there was an extremely small amount of them, im assuming they sold some at the shows, so there would have been less than 15 online.

I didn't realize there were only 15, haha. I just saw that one color was already sold got and got worried.

Derrick definitely seems like a legit dude. I've been buying stuff from him for years and he's always been awesome. It's weird that all of a sudden people are saying he's ignoring them. I'm hoping it's just that he's been on tour all summer so shit is piling up faster than he can deal with it. I'm sure "Where's my Old Gray LP?" emails have turned into "Where's my Brush Your Teeth LP?"

Derek isn't going to screw anyone over. On top of being a good dude, he plays in a huge touring band so it wouldn't exactly be a good move to screw people over across the country.

I'm sure that's true. It's just been a rough couple of months. Either he needs to slow down or get some more help.

• 2 weeks later...