PO soon: One Hundred Year Ocean - "Where Were You While We Were Getting High?" 12"

• 3 weeks later...

Got the cassette release of this a few months ago and i've been digging it a lot lately.

Derrick definitely seems like a legit dude. I've been buying stuff from him for years and he's always been awesome. It's weird that all of a sudden people are saying he's ignoring them. I'm hoping it's just that he's been on tour all summer so shit is piling up faster than he can deal with it. I'm sure "Where's my Old Gray LP?" emails have turned into "Where's my Brush Your Teeth LP?"

Yeah, I've never met him in real life, but based on every interaction i've had with him, he's totally a stand up guy. for example, recently emailed him asking about possibilities of getting larger sizes of a couple of the shirts from the Broken World store, and he was super awesome about being willing to do a couple one-off prints of larger shirts for me. And then when he sent me an invoice, I responded asking if he could add the price of one of the cassette releases onto it, so it could ship together, rather than me placing a seperate order for those through the store, and he just told me not to worry about sending extra and that he would just throw the tape in for free, which was super rad of him.

Ordered this on the 28th of August. Got it yesterday.

What was the ship date on it?  Maybe it wasn't their fault.  

Also, I know they ordered more of the exact same green tapes after the 1st press sold out, which seemed weird.  Maybe they oversold them, so ordered more of the same exact tapes instead of doing a 2nd press, in order to fulfill the original orders.

What was the ship date on it?  Maybe it wasn't their fault.  

Also, I know they ordered more of the exact same green tapes after the 1st press sold out, which seemed weird.  Maybe they oversold them, so ordered more of the same exact tapes instead of doing a 2nd press, in order to fulfill the original orders.

It shipped on friday 4th of October.  I had to email Derrick a few times about it. I think they messed up in the first place and the just kept forgetting. I'm sure they were pretty busy but was still kinda sucky. I didn't order a green tape I got the black one and the live tape.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

So, so glad this is happening. I was dreading that this bump might have ended up just being a "when will this happen??" type of post. Excited for it to finally be pressed.

(... now if only deer leap's LP would get a vinyl press...!)

Weird bump but BWM tweeted that Deer Leap's Here, Home and a new LP would be coming on vinyl at the same time this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/16/2016 at 9:09 PM, dantheriver said:

Weird bump but BWM tweeted that Deer Leap's Here, Home and a new LP would be coming on vinyl at the same time this year.

Another weird bump... something is happening Monday!

@BrokenWorld69: Also, hope you are ready for new @Deer_Leap stuff on Monday

Someone can make a new thread if they want, I'm on mobile and don't really fee like it.

Edit: If you came here for the Deep Leap and didn't see yet... 

Edited by dantheriver

• 5 years later...

https://www.friendclubrecords.com/products/715112-one-hundred-year-ocean-you-could-be-a-cop-split-12?fbclid=IwAR13kvzxb31Ntmk9-dLtzcDYivHday0wTVt_c6DSiI9C79vu7jqz8Ru4iU8

One track kinda stings but I’ll take it. The you could be a cop song is 13 min so hopefully OHYO is beefy too.

Edited by dantheriver

6 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

https://www.friendclubrecords.com/products/715112-one-hundred-year-ocean-you-could-be-a-cop-split-12?fbclid=IwAR13kvzxb31Ntmk9-dLtzcDYivHday0wTVt_c6DSiI9C79vu7jqz8Ru4iU8

One track kinda stings but I’ll take it. The you could be a cop song is 13 min so hopefully OHYO is beefy too.

Ill take it. According to Nicole's posts there's a lot that's been in the works, but we all know how life is...

I just can't decide if I want cop blue or brain splatters.