Pop Market: The Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box Set for $316.99 shipped

Does anyone own this set already? Seems like a fantastic deal...

*edit to reflect price of $316.99  

At long last, the most anticipated catalog reissues in music history – The Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box Set! Manufactured on 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl with replicated artwork, the 14 albums return to their original glory!

•    EXTREMELY LIMITED WORLDWIDE RELEASE

•    All 12 studio vinyl albums plus Magical Mystery Tour and Past Masters Volumes One & Two in Stereo LP Box Set

•    Includes gorgeous 252-page hardbound book with dedicated chapters for every record album and a wealth of insightful photographs

•    LPs sourced from the 2009 remasters 

•    Details include the poster in The Beatles (The White Album), the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band's cut-outs, and special inner bags for some of the titles

•    With this release, The Beatles' first four albums make their North American stereo vinyl debuts

Original Price $449.99

$316.99

There has always been demand for The Beatles' albums on vinyl. Indeed, 2011's best-selling vinyl LP in the United States was Abbey Road. Following the success of The Beatles' acclaimed, GRAMMY Award-winning 2009 CD remasters, it was decided that the sound experts at EMI's Abbey Road Studios should create new versions of The Beatles' vinyl LPs. The project demanded the same meticulous approach taken for the CD releases, and the brief was a simple one: cut the digital remasters to vinyl with an absolute minimum of compromise to the sound.

At long last, and getting the treatment they’ve always deserved on vinyl, the most anticipated catalog reissues in music history have arrived and feature the pristine remastering that fans have craved for decades. Every Beatles album. Every official Beatles song. Faithfully reproduced album jackets. All in this glorious box set.

Manufactured on 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl with replicated artwork, the 14 albums return to their original glory with details including the poster in The Beatles (The White Album), the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band's cut-outs, and special inner bags for some of the titles. The albums are accompanied by a stunning, elegantly designed 252-page hardbound book, exclusive to the boxed edition, and authored by award-winning radio producer Kevin Howlett and features a dedicated chapter for each of the albums, as well as insight into the creation of the remasters and how the vinyl albums were prepared. The 12"x12" book showcases a wealth of photographs spanning The Beatles' recording career, including many images which were not included in the 2009 CD booklets.

The titles include The Beatles' 12 original UK albums, first released between 1963 and 1970, the US-originated Magical Mystery Tour, now part of the group's core catalogue, and Past Masters, Volumes One & Two, first released individually in 1988, featuring non-album A-sides and B-sides, EP tracks and rarities. With this release, The Beatles' first four albums make their North American stereo vinyl debuts.

The Stereo Albums

•    Please Please Me

o    “Love Me Do” and “P.S. I Love You” are presented in mono

o    (North American LP debut in stereo)

•    With The Beatles

•    A Hard Day's Night

•    Beatles For Sale

•    Help!

o    Features George Martin’s 1986 stereo remix

•    Rubber Soul

o    Features George Martin’s 1986 stereo remix

•    Revolver

o    Original album

•    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

o    Packaging includes replica psychedelic inner sleeve, cardboard cutout sheet and additional insert

•    Magical Mystery Tour

o    Packaging includes 24-page colour book

•    The Beatles (double album)

o    Packaging includes double-sided photo montage/lyric sheet and 4 solo colour photos

•    Yellow Submarine

o    “Only A Northern Song” is presented in mono. Additional insert includes original American liner notes.

•    Abbey Road

o    Original album

•    Let It Be

o    Original album

•    Past Masters, Volumes One & Two (double album)

o    “Love Me Do” (original single version), “She Loves You,” “I’ll Get You,” and “You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)” are presented in mono. Packaging, notes and photographic content is based on the 2009 CD releas

Same here. Deal is coming out to 316.99 for me too.

I got this set at amazon.ca a month ago for $199, and they shipped me the European-pressed copies (which are supposedly a lot higher quality than the US-pressed ones at Rainbo). 

It's at $249 now, and I've seen it regularly dip down to $229. Just something to look for if anything is interested in this box. 

Same here. Deal is coming out to 316.99 for me too.

I got this set at amazon.ca a month ago for $199, and they shipped me the European-pressed copies (which are supposedly a lot higher quality than the US-pressed ones at Rainbo). 

It's at $249 now, and I've seen it regularly dip down to $229. Just something to look for if anything is interested in this box. 

I would still like to get my hands on this. Good to know the EU pressing is a bit better than the US. I had no idea of the issues until I started reading the reviews on Amazon.ca. Tempting!

I would still like to get my hands on this. Good to know the EU pressing is a bit better than the US. I had no idea of the issues until I started reading the reviews on Amazon.ca. Tempting!

Yeah -- some folks out there are on their 3rd and 4th sets trying to get a good US-pressed set. I think the recent pressings have been good, but the initial release of this boxset was such a catastrophe from a QC standpoint. 

My EU box only had one annoying scratch on Help!, but otherwise in great condition. I'm just going to buy that one individually, rather than shipping back the whole box and risk getting a box in worse condition. 

As far as these 2009 Remasters, I think most of them sound damn good. I know there was big fuss about these being sourced from 24-bit, 44khz digital files, but I'm not going to complain if the end result sounds good. These sound better than the CD's of the same remasters, and MUCH better than the original Beatles CD's from the 80's. I don't have any original vinyl pressings, or the analog blue box to compare them to (all the Beatles I have are $5 ones you find in the used bins), but this is the best way to get their catalog on  vinyl without paying ridiculous amounts of money. 

Also, the book that comes with the boxset is glorious.