PO: Pelican - Forever Becoming

No idea why so many people dislike Ataraxia.

i really tried to like it, was just too boring. all the tracks seem like poor left-overs from WWACTN. especially parasite colony. sounds like a weak-ass re-hash of ephemeral.

anyway, glad that's all over now, this new one sounds like it's on course to slay.

Also an US tour announced

Oct 17 – Brooklyn, NY – Invisible Oranges CMJ showcase *
Oct 18 – Brooklyn, NY – Invisible Oranges CMJ Showcase *
Oct 19 – Allston, MA – Great Scott *
Nov 1 – Cleveland, OH – Peabody’s ^
Nov 2 – Washington, DC – DC9 ^
Nov 3 – Philadelphia, PA – First Unitarian Church ^
Nov 4 – Chapel Hill, NC – Local 506 ^
Nov 5 – Atlanta, GA – The Masquerade ^
Nov 6 – Birmingham, AL – Zydeco ^
Nov 7 – Baton Rouge, LA – Spanish Moon ^
Nov 8, 9, & 10 – Austin TX – Fun Fun Fun Fest
Nov 13 – Chicago, IL – Bottom Lounge

* w/ King’s Destroy
^ w/ Coliseum

Guest Secular Haze

Finally getting around to hearing the new track.  It's spectacular.  Very dark and groovy at the same time.  Thick, thick chords!

• 1 month later...

From what I've noticed, Southern Lord doesn't really have any rhyme or reason when it comes to preorders.  Some albums don't seem to get them at all.  Plus, it's still over a month away.

Yeah that's what I thought. Trying to remember back when 'what we all come to need' was released, I don't believe they even had a preorder at all, or maybe it's just my shitty memory.

Ataraxia/Taraxis was a huge let down for me, but Deny the Absolute has completely restored any faith I had lost.  I'm really looking forward to this.

That's my sentiment spot on.  Just as a backup I pre-ordered a copy of this from Amazon.  Originally it was something around $25 but now they've dropped it to $19.99.  http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Becoming-Pelican/dp/B00EIEPEK0/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1378476181&sr=1-1&keywords=pelican

I was fortunate enough to snag a copy of their last full length at a Scion Rock Tour show (or whatever it was called) so I never ended up having to order it directly from Southern Lord but I do remember their site not having a pre-order so when I was at the show I was all antsy about getting a copy.  Good times... good times...

That's my sentiment spot on.  Just as a backup I pre-ordered a copy of this from Amazon.  Originally it was something around $25 but now they've dropped it to $19.99.  http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Becoming-Pelican/dp/B00EIEPEK0/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1378476181&sr=1-1&keywords=pelican

I was fortunate enough to snag a copy of their last full length at a Scion Rock Tour show (or whatever it was called) so I never ended up having to order it directly from Southern Lord but I do remember their site not having a pre-order so when I was at the show I was all antsy about getting a copy.  Good times... good times...

Thanks for the heads up on Amazon. Not a bad idea to snag one from them for the time being.