PO: Pelican - Forever Becoming

Ordered via Bandcamp for the digital download. Can't wait to see these guys along with Coliseum in November here in teh ATL.

Speaking of---we have a newborn, so I can't get out for shows like before. Let's say you could pick two of these to see live... which would you choose?

11/5: Pelican/Coliseum or CocoRosie

11/7: Television (in Athens)

11/8: Colin Meloy (solo) or Orange Goblin

11/10: High on Fire/Kvelertak

Ordered via Bandcamp for the digital download. Can't wait to see these guys along with Coliseum in November here in teh ATL.

Speaking of---we have a newborn, so I can't get out for shows like before. Let's say you could pick two of these to see live... which would you choose?

11/5: Pelican/Coliseum or CocoRosie

11/7: Television (in Athens)

11/8: Colin Meloy (solo) or Orange Goblin

A one, two punch. Both of these bands are high energy and put on great shows. I've never seen Pelican before and I would expect them to be pretty damn good as well.

You have until 2pm PST to order the Pelican-Forever Becoming special mailorder vinyl (a/b=halloween orange, side c/d=baby blue, limited edition of 500. ) after that it will be sold out! There will be a different vinyl color option available from here on out........

You have until 2pm PST to order the Pelican-Forever Becoming special mailorder vinyl (a/b=halloween orange, side c/d=baby blue, limited edition of 500. ) after that it will be sold out! There will be a different vinyl color option available from here on out........

Damn, that's bad news for me.  Don't get paid until tomorrow! I'll order regardless of color, did really like the orange/blue though.

Guest Justin Maheiny

The Pelican facebook page posted yesterday "FYI half the preorder vinyl color is sold out, so move fast if you want one!!" acting as if this would be the only colored records available but knowing perfectly well they will just put up another "limited" color with the same # pressed immediately afterwards.

This should be no shock though. Southern Lord is always screwing over fans of their bands. How many times will Sleep's "Dopesmoker" be out of press only to be repressed on another one-time only color?

And on the opening page of Southern Lord's website the "store" icon for the Pelican "limited" vinyl release leads you to the $20 record.

Same exact record if you click on the "digital store" tab which is directly under the "store" tab is $23.00.

Their website has always been a complete mess though.

Guest Justin Maheiny

They shoulda just put em up at once so I could get one of each but it's pretty stupid to be doing an individual order for each variant so I'm gonna pass.

Guest Justin Maheiny

It's limited to 500 like the previous one, and yes, it's still considered the 1st press. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure any number of variants made prior to it's initial release date will be considered first press.

I thought maybe this new one was single LP but Southern Lord facebook says it's a double lp god damn it.