PO: Pelican - Forever Becoming

I just got the question from SL whether my order was splatter or solid. Decisions.

What??  Man, I wish I would receive this same question.  I'm one of those first 500 that were convinced they were receiving something exclusive only to find out the 2nd 500 are getting a snazzy splatter (equally limited) variant.  I'm still perplexed by SL's strategy.  You know you're going to sell 1,000 units via mailorder...just make both variants available at the same time.  Give us the option like every other label.  Either way, I'm digging that solid orange/blue and I'm excited to get my copy...pelican shit splatter or not.

Guest Justin Maheiny

You're wearing some pretty questionable face paint for being a total clown.

Questionable face paint? It's a tattoo of Shaggy 2 Dope's clown paint. Miracles bro. Miracles.

p.s.

The records come out to $24.65 after shipping when you order 8 at a time.

Guest Justin Maheiny

So is the first PO actually OOP or is there just a stack of 400 sitting in a warehouse?

I'm sure it's out of press, but probably not sold out.

Relapse does the same thing and lists stuff as sold out but a few months later they'll put the rest up on ebay like here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261286221406?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I'm not really sure why they do that or if they were cancelled orders or what. But I've never seen Southern Lord put stuff up on E-bay.

Pics as promised, listened to it last night and again today, really enjoying the way they have pushed their sound. 

iuMZlRW.png

LFI5Jfn.png

Tried experimenting a little with a lamp, sorta failed as its not really true to the colors and blows out the middle. 

hZV0AdY.png

I wasn't sure how I feeling about the cover before, but that gatefold really ties it together. This should show up for me tomorrow. Really excited.

I was in the same boat, was not really feeling the art, but the packaging is as nice as anything Southern Lord does. Super thick packagaing, high quality, it has a UV gloss which my pictures do not really capture well either. 

Just got mine in the mail.  Does the white border make the cover art look wrong to anyone else?  Or am I taking crazy pills again?

Got mine too and the white border is rather odd to me to be honest. Other than that, it's yet another solid release from SL.