PO: Pelican - Forever Becoming

I saw Pelican/Coliseum tonight in DC.  Pelican had copies of the new album on the blue/orange /500 variant for $25.  Also had Australia and a few other records for sale.  They even had one of the wood box sets for $200.  The merch guy said it was the last one they had and it was on black vinyl.  Was so tempted but had to walk away.

I saw Pelican/Coliseum tonight in DC.  Pelican had copies of the new album on the blue/orange /500 variant for $25.  Also had Australia and a few other records for sale.  They even had one of the wood box sets for $200.  The merch guy said it was the last one they had and it was on black vinyl.  Was so tempted but had to walk away.

I picked up the box three or four years ago.  It was close to the same cost as picking up all the content individually (this was before all the represses), plus it came in a big ass box.  Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.  My only complaint is that they skimped on the packing for the individual LPs.  None of them are gatefolds and if I recall right, there aren't any inserts.  The packaging is all uniform and does look really slick though.

There's a white one now?

Apparently there is.  I had ordered the orange/blue from Southern Lord and just for the heck of it I pre-ordered a copy through Amazon thinking it would end up being on black vinyl.  It ended up being on white vinyl instead and that's cool with me. :D

Apparently there is.  I had ordered the orange/blue from Southern Lord and just for the heck of it I pre-ordered a copy through Amazon thinking it would end up being on black vinyl.  It ended up being on white vinyl instead and that's cool with me. :D

White seems like it would go with the artwork really well.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
17 hours ago, zaoza said:

Expecting the PO for the remixed/remastered version to be up soon.

I was kind of on the fence about getting the record again but after hearing the new newly mixed version a few times I'm committed to picking this up. I also hope it'll have that great packaging that hydra head and southern lord records tend to have.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, dapeebs said:

Couldn’t find another thread. Australasia remastered, on orange /500 from Thrill Jockey: 

https://thrilljockey.com/products/australasia

Is this the same as https://www.discogs.com/release/23388800-Pelican-Australasia? Wondering why it shows Aug19 as the ship date while others already have this in hand. Or is it actually straight translucent orange instead, despite the photos?

59 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

Is this the same as https://www.discogs.com/release/23388800-Pelican-Australasia? Wondering why it shows Aug19 as the ship date while others already have this in hand. Or is it actually straight translucent orange instead, despite the photos?

Gotta’ be the same version.  Notice that the 1 for sale is from Germany.  These have probably existed for a short bit now, and will require some weeks to reach the US, if they’re not already en route.  Variants are identical and the version you linked even has the same bonus track mentioned on the TJ page.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Gotta’ be the same version.  Notice that the 1 for sale is from Germany.  These have probably existed for a short bit now, and will require some weeks to reach the US, if they’re not already en route.  Variants are identical and the version you linked even has the same bonus track mentioned on the TJ page.

Thanks, nabbed. Also explains the “Can ship from UK” note on TJ.