PO: Pelican - Forever Becoming

I'm pretty confident that's just the mockup discrepancies.  TJ is calling their listing "translucent orange" – which is back in stock, by the way – and even posted this unboxing video where you can see there's a lot more going on than just 1 shade of orange.  But the name of the variant is causing sites like bandcamp and Rough Trade to toss up a pretty tame mockup image.

Plus there's this, straight from the horse's mouth.

pelican.jpg

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, BeerMonger said:

City of Echoes Deluxe is now up, these will probably go quick...Go! 

https://thrilljockey.com/products/city-of-echoes

/250 Lavender 

Nice catch.  Packaging looks great but I’m all kinds of underwhelmed by that variant.  I wonder if this will be the only version available?  250 seems like such a low number by comparison of the Australasia reissue.

Edited by Derek™

31 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

That bonus LP has me interested but I already have the Pink Mammoth EP. I wonder how well the remastered album sounds?

This. How hard would it be to put the tracklisting on the product page? ... I have Pink Mammoth and the other releases around this time. I don't really need to double dip unless the remaster is drastically different and/or the bonus material is unique.

Superior variant now up on Bandcamp.

https://pelican.bandcamp.com/album/city-of-echoes

I’m not enamored with it but it’s still a better choice.  With how nice that Australasia variant turned out, I was sort of hoping for a cool silver / blue / black merge or marble thing going on, in a similar style to what we got a month ago.  But oh well.  I still haven’t thrown down for a copy but the band is claiming that the remaster sounds “🤌” for what it’s worth.

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Superior variant now up on Bandcamp.

https://pelican.bandcamp.com/album/city-of-echoes

I’m not enamored with it but it’s still a better choice.  With how nice that Australasia variant turned out, I was sort of hoping for a cool silver / blue / black merge or marble thing going on, in a similar style to what we got a month ago.  But oh well.  I still haven’t thrown down for a copy but the band is claiming that the remaster sounds “🤌” for what it’s worth.

Think the Transparent Blue looks better as well. Probably going to cancel my order from Thrill Jockey and go with this one instead. 

14 minutes ago, BeerMonger said:

Think the Transparent Blue looks better as well. Probably going to cancel my order from Thrill Jockey and go with this one instead. 

No idea what the blue is limited to but +1 for placing aesthetic over rarity.  Since it’s all handled by the same label it may be worth a shot to ask if they can swap your order to a blue copy instead of jumping through further hoops.  If it’s a “no, sorry” then the refund could be on the table.

• 6 months later...
15 hours ago, dapeebs said:

The Fire in our Throats… https://thrilljockey.com/products/the-fire-in-our-throats-will-beckon-the-thaw

repress on “Silver Metallic”

Might have to double dip here, I have the white with cyan haze repress from 10 years ago and it sounds so grainy. Even after thorough cleaning too. I’m glad not too many records now are made that way anymore.