PO: Pelican - Forever Becoming

Interesting information directly from the SL customer service:

"orange is 1st pressing. Splatter is 2nd pressing."

So I guees this ends bitchin' about splatter not available at the beginning :P

Weird way of putting it when it was originally announced.. Hmm. Guess it clears that up, though.

I'm not buying that, personally. But whatever. I'm over it.

agreed, who cares, really. but for them to say they have a '2nd pressing' available the next day! bahahaha That's insulting, making up a new definition, and / or double-talk. 1st pressing, two variants, two different sales sites, released 24hrs (or less) apart.

from what i understood, the splatter didnt arrive at SL until Oct 4th, to which they said they will be shipping this week.

the solid colored '1st press' shipped on the 27th-30th

i bet you get a confirmation of when it ships...

either tomorrow or THU or FRI.

Hmm.. well I definitely ordered the splatter and it was shipped on the 27th, but the ccnow receipt is pretty generic. It only says i ordered the 'BFLP' with no other description. Luckily I like surprises so....

I think the fact that you received shipping notification does not necessarily mean the package left the warehouse.

Maybe they just bought delivery service online and assigned shipping id's to orders even if they still didn't have the records on hand, which could fire shipping notification emails.

For instance I received shipping notification (solid colors) three days ago but on USPS tracking there is only a "Electronic Shipping Info Received"

Be patient my friend

Guest Justin Maheiny

What makes something 1st press? If the black vinyl wasn't available until both the solid color and splatter vinyl weren't being sold any more, according to this logic that would be the 3rd pressing right?

I always assumed anything sold prior to it's actual release date would be considered the first pressing. The Carcass Surgical Steel thread from awhile back on here had me totally confused. On that it shows 13 different colors ranging between 1st to 3rd pressing while still in the pre-order stage.

I just think it's odd that if an album is re-pressed two years after it's initial release, that would be considered a 3rd, 4th or whatever pressing instead of its 2nd.