New Dinosaur Jr. 7-inch exclusively sold with headphones—for $300!

From the inbox:

L36FMrH.jpg

Dinosaur Jr. and Skullcandy have partnered for a special collaboration. Together  they will be releasing a collectors package, this Sunday, July 14th, containing customized Aviator headphones, with a limited pressed 7", containing two unreleased Dinosaur Jr. recordings: "The Only Other Way", "The Lung" (Live Recording). The tracks are available now for free download and stream direct from Skullcandy.com

To top it off, J Mascis will be playing in-store at Amoeba Records in LA, Sunday, July 14th, to collaborate with the official release of the Skullcandy package. The event is free, but early arrival is suggested. The Dinosaur Jr. Aviator Collector's Bundle is limited to 500 production units (100 packages with green splatter vinyl, and 400 with purple). The collector's bundle will be available for $299.99 online at Skullcandy.com  at the Amoeba performance, and at specialty music retailers.

lol this is the worst.

There was a time that I idolized J Mascis but I dislike him more as this Dinosaur Jr reunion goes on. Haven't even bothered to listen to the last album.

There was a time that I idolized J Mascis but I dislike him more as this Dinosaur Jr reunion goes on. Haven't even bothered to listen to the last album.

Last album was decent; the first post-reunion album, Beyond, might be my favorite thing J Mascis has ever done, frankly. Surprised that it turned you off from them.

This hurts me as much as the pixies new song hurts me.

I actually really like that new Pixies song!

Last album was decent; the first post-reunion album, Beyond, might be my favorite thing J Mascis has ever done, frankly. Surprised that it turned you off from them.

I actually really like that new Pixies song!

I need to revisit them.

Personally for me post reunion Dino jr. > original Dino jr.

Nothing beats the original trilogy for me. Hell, I even like the major label only J iteration more than the new stuff. Dinosaur Jr were a life changing band for me so I still have lots of respect (especially for Lou), just have a hard time getting into Beyond and Farm.