Zimmerman Not Guilty.

I does matter a lot, i would like you to read this article which shows how this situation would have gone down with reversed race roles, if you still think that race isn't an important factor than you need to think harder.

"If Trayvon Martin had been white"

The scenario the article describes is even more biased than the title.

Race does matter a lot, i would like everybody to read this article which shows how this situation would have gone down with reversed race roles, if you still think that race isn't an important factor than you need to think harder.

Not even the same series of events. No mention of a fight, which was basically Zimmerman's defense. And apparently America doesn't recognize bi-racial people (which is another American problem.) America still doesnt realize we have a racial identification problem as a whole.

the only pics we saw were of the 12 yr old kid smiling or the infamous hoodie pic. not this one.

ua-tr1yv4n_zps6cabddbb.jpg

is he a bad kid? i dont know.

smoking weed doesnt make you bad.

a lot of things dont.

Those pictures are of a different Trayvon Martin:

http://www.snopes.co...tics/martin.asp

Not even the same series of events. No mention of a fight, which was basically Zimmerman's defense. And apparently America doesn't recognize bi-racial people (which is another American problem.) America still doesnt realize we have a racial identification problem as a whole.

Agreed. Perhaps Eric should read this

Agreed. Perhaps Eric should read this.

Great article. LOL at the comments. "He looks black to me!" I bet more than one race made a comment like that. I could type a really long rant about race, perception, and even genocide but nah. If racial categories and the use of racial profiling make people happy and comfortable I don't know what to say.

And Scott good posting of that article. The media screws everything up.

Great article. LOL at the comments. "He looks black to me!" I bet more than one race made a comment like that. I could type a really long rant about race, perception, and even genocide but nah. If racial categories and the use of racial profiling make people happy and comfortable I don't know what to say.

And Scott good posting of that article. The media screws everything up.

I understand that he's Bi-racial but he is treated as white. Obama is called black because he has black in him, I understand Zimmerman is half Latino but he is treated like a Caucasian, most bi-racial Latino and whites (or at least the ones I know) are called white most of the time this is how public society views them, I understand that on a documental level they are categorized as Latino. So in the public he is treated like a white man, because Latinos don't have to deal with the same prejudiced, that say a half white half black person would have to deal with. That is what the article was showing.

I understand that he's Bi-racial but he is treated as white. Obama is called black because he has black in him, I understand Zimmerman is half Latino but he is treated like a Caucasian, most bi-racial Latino and whites (or at least the ones I know) are called white most of the time this is how public society views them, I understand that on a documental level they are categorized as Latino. So in the public he is treated like a white man, because Latinos don't have to deal with the same prejudiced, that say a half white half black person would have to deal with. That is what the article was showing.

so many wrong things here.

im bi-racial latino. i fucking hate the word latino. i am not called/considered white and society doesnt view me as white. i know this by counting the 'do you speak english' comments i get 3x's a day. im not going to get into details there. you get the point.

one has to be 'on the documental level' whatever their race is. nothing wrong with that. kind of makes sense with a birth certifiate and drivers license...eh?

but your comment that 'latinos dont have to deal with the same prejudices' is totally wrong. if youre not in the majority of anything, youre going to be the minority. thats how it works.

but just because someone isnt black doesnt mean they dont get the same shit treatment.

this applies to all races.

You're wrong.

but just because someone isnt black doesnt mean they dont get the same shit treatment.

anyone who is not the majority of anything will deal with prejudices.

You had me there right until the end. White people certainly have to deal with prejudices.

im bi-racial latino. i fucking hate the word latino. i am not called/considered white and society doesnt view me as white. i know this by counting the 'do you speak english' comments i get 3x's a day. im not going to get into details there. you get the point.

one has to be 'on the documental level' whatever their race is. nothing wrong with that. kind of makes sense with a birth certifiate and drivers license...eh?

but your comment that 'latinos dont have to deal with the same prejudices' is totally wrong. if youre not in the majority of anything, youre going to be the minority. thats how it works.

So much this. If I end up in any Latino neighborhood, Im Dominican or Puerto Rican. If im in a white neighborhood the question is asked after a little bit. If Im in a predominately black neighborhood Im white. Im so over this shit.

Well put. I hate being "Hispanic" and being automatically thought to not know English. Sadly to the point that I simply no longer admit to knowing to Spanish to make things easier.

I believe it was said Zimmerman was more Hispanic than white. Even so that he spoke Spanish as well. Still makes no sense for this to be a issue of race.

Oh well I'm sorry for my false assumption. 

Are either of these guys still relevant?   I do agree with Dershowitz view on conduct.  Personally, I maintain the case was used by democrats to drum up racial tension and black turnout leading to the 2012 elections.  Purely political as everything is with holder-obama and the new, activist media.    If I remember correctly the Duke lacrosse prosecutor lost his license to practice law a few years ago with similar actions.     

MIKE HUCKABEE: You have said that you thought the prosecutor ought to be disbarred, that's a pretty serious type of violation to get a person disbarred. It is that serious to you?

ALAN DERSHOWITZ: Right, it is. She submitted an affidavit that was, if not perjurious, completely misleading. She violated all kinds of rules of the profession, and her conduct bordered on criminal conduct. She, by the way, has a horrible reputation in Florida. She's known for overcharging, she's known for being highly political. And in this case, of course she overcharged. Halfway through the trial she realized she wasn't going to get a second degree murder verdict, so she asked for a compromised verdict, for manslaughter. And then, she went even further and said that she was going to charge him with child abuse and felony murder. That was such a stretch that it goes beyond anything professionally responsible. She was among the most irresponsible prosecutors I've seen in 50 years of litigating cases, and believe me, I've seen good prosecutors, bad prosecutors, but rarely have I seen one as bad as this prosecutor, [Angela] Cory. (Huckabee, July 14, 2013)

then blame the prosecution for not just going for manslaughter. 

put yourself in zimmerman's shoes in a similar situation. say you saw someone snooping around your neighbor's house. you called 911 and then followed them. they turned on you, got on top of you and started pounding your face. after calling for help numerous times, and fearing for your own life, if you had a gun, would you not use it?

at the end of the day it is sad that the kid died, but all these protests are ridiculous. as i saw on a youtube video posted by an older black man--if zimmerman would have been black, this wouldn't even be a national issue. its a shitty situation, nothing more. i'm not tuned to the frequency of whatever racist crap everyone else is. we all bleed the same blood. so over this whole thing.

There's blame everywhere - prosecution not excluded.... but to answer your question, I wouldn't follow anyone with a gun in any scenario. That's not my job. It wasn't Zimmerman's either.

"We all bleed the same blood"... that's exactly what I'm saying. A dumb ass wanna-be cop killed a seventeen year old kid for walking through the "wrong" neighborhood in the rain with a pack of Skittles. He's going to walk for it, because of a dumb ass law. It's just a fucked up situation from top to bottom. 

That's all I really have to say about it. If you want justice, write your reps about getting rid of these crazy gun laws.

I hate to talk race even when its clearly an issue with regards to society and this case...but after watching that video of them burning the flag in response...I cant help but have flashbacks to the reactions from the OJ aquittal and the MJ ordeal.

Does it make me racist because Im not blind to it? I dont think so, all 3 guys did something terribly wrong and all 3 guys walked with far different public responses. Points to a larger issue than just racism that in this day and age I am scared to even think about. Difference between right and wrong is pretty clear in most situations despite the flawed system and public perception.

The above probably doesn't make much sense but yeah.