Dance Gavin Dance 6 LP Vinyl Boxset

edit on October 17th, 2013: You can now purchase the 6 LP DGD Boxset at merchnow.com 

http://merchnow.com/products/167686/6-lp-box-set

23r3epk.jpg

original post from July 14th 2013:

https://www.facebook.com/RiseRecords/posts/10151782564417495

Dear DGD fans,

Here's your weekly Dance Gavin Dance update: We have the artwork now for the new album. We've set the release date and we'll be releasing a lyric video soon. Cool?
Love, 
Rise

PS. We're also working on a 6 LP vinyl box-set!

A few concerns:

- Death Star is the only album that has to go on 2 seperate LP's due to its time length of 52 minutes and 20 seconds. All other DGD releases are under 44 minutes and fit perfectly onto a single LP.

- Rise Records makes the announcement now, but it's likely that they haven't started any groundwork on mastering these albums for vinyl. Kris Crummett is more than capable of doing so, and would be the best choice considering he produced, engineered, mixed, and mastered DBM1, Death Star, Happiness, and DBM2. He also mastered Royal Ocean when it was re-released by Rise when DGD signed on to the label. However, if the plan is for the new DGD album to come out in the Fall, I don't know how Crummett (or anyone for that matter) would be able to master all 5 releases in time.

This is good, but I really only like the Kurt Travis stuff, and the EP. I'll get it if it isn't over priced... Is they any info if they're just pressing the records as stand alone LPs??

This is the only info we have thus far. Probably the smart thing for business in my view would be to release the box set first then wait a couple of months before releasing stand alone LPs. It would give added incentive for people to buy the box set rather than wait to purchase the LPs separately.

A few concerns:

- Death Star is the only album that has to go on 2 seperate LP's due to its time length of 52 minutes and 20 seconds. All other DGD releases are under 44 minutes and fit perfectly onto a single LP.

- Rise Records makes the announcement now, but it's likely that they haven't started any groundwork on mastering these albums for vinyl. Kris Crummett is more than capable of doing so, and would be the best choice considering he produced, engineered, mixed, and mastered DBM1, Death Star, Happiness, and DBM2. He also mastered Royal Ocean when it was re-released by Rise when DGD signed on to the label. However, if the plan is for the new DGD album to come out in the Fall, I don't know how Crummett (or anyone for that matter) would be able to master all 5 releases in time.

well those are some pretty big concerns. i'm assuming rise will not take this route and the whole thing will sound like shit

What great news. The whole "6 LP" thing is interesting, though. That probably means they're going to include either Whatever I Say is Royal Ocean or the new album that's coming out soon.

Regardless, my money is practically already theirs with this one.

1. Royal Ocean

2. DBM1

3. Death Star

4. Happiness

5. DBM2

6. New Album

That's 6 LP's

Definitely going to be buying this one. I hated happiness and I'm sure this album will be in the same boat. But "Whatever I Say", "DBM," and "DGD" changed my life. And "DBM2" was pretty great as well. I won't be missing out on this like I did Right Away, Great Captain's box set. 

You can count on the new album still being heavier than Happiness, especially with Jon Mess on it.

Definitely going to be buying this one. I hated happiness and I'm sure this album will be in the same boat. But "Whatever I Say", "DBM," and "DGD" changed my life. And "DBM2" was pretty great as well. I won't be missing out on this like I did Right Away, Great Captain's box set. 

hmm

1. Royal Ocean

2. DBM1

3. Death Star

4. Happiness

5. DBM2

6. New Album

That's 6 LP's

You can count on the new album still being heavier than Happiness, especially with Jon Mess on it.

I was thinking more along the lines of six actual records in the set, especially if Death Star is going to be split onto 2 LPs. But, if they're just going to cut it onto one record, then having both Whatever I Say and the new album would make better sense.

Honestly, I'm just happy that I'll finally have Happiness on vinyl. It's one of my Top 5 albums of all time.