Panic! at the Disco - "Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!" - PO

I guess so, but this seems so much more like FOB. I really liked Vices; maybe this is just one off song... but I highly doubt it.

I'm just tired of bands going all electronic. I thought Save Rock and Roll was just too much. On the other hand I thought Paramore had a solid album that added electronics but still kept a good rock/alternative feel to it. 

I really hated "Now" by. Paramore but it ended up being my favorite album this year (highly doubt somethings gonna top it to be honest) so I am REALLY hoping that it's the same story with this album. And if it goes down the same shitty path as Save Rock and Roll they always could have Courtney Love save it like she did before (I really like that song okay).

Idk, when Fever was out, I felt like it was right for the time. But it didn't have any lasting power to me, it grew to be really immature.  I don't like talking about Pretty. Odd. I took it as Ryan Ross' not so well thought out brain child that fell short and it didn't do Brendon's vocals any justice. I heard Vices by accident when I photographed Panic back in 2011(?) and I couldn't believe the progress that just half of what the band was had made in such a short amount of time.  I never really liked Ryan's contribution to the band, so I enjoyed Vices a lot.

Even though this new song sounds like FOB and is produced pretty much the same way (which is, unfortunately, not the first time Butch Walker has turned out almost back to back records that are practically identical in sound and production), it also seems like the right progression for the band.  Or whatever they are now, since that video might as well have just Brendon's name attached to it.  Would the sound be different had Butch Walker not produced it? Probably, but there are certain characteristics that have been carried over from Vices and ultimately PO and Fever. Same goes for FOB, but like I mentioned in this thread before, these two bands have always been pretty parallel to eachother.

/2cents

Idk, when Fever was out, I felt like it was right for the time. But it didn't have any lasting power to me, it grew to be really immature. I don't like talking about Pretty. Odd. I took it as Ryan Ross' not so well thought out brain child that fell short and it didn't do Brendon's vocals any justice. I heard Vices by accident when I photographed Panic back in 2011(?) and I couldn't believe the progress that just half of what the band was had made in such a short amount of time. I never really liked Ryan's contribution to the band, so I enjoyed Vices a lot.

Even though this new song sounds like FOB and is produced pretty much the same way (which is, unfortunately, not the first time Butch Walker has turned out almost back to back records that are practically identical in sound and production), it also seems like the right progression for the band. Or whatever they are now, since that video might as well have just Brendon's name attached to it. Would the sound be different had Butch Walker not produced it? Probably, but there are certain characteristics that have been carried over from Vices and ultimately PO and Fever. Same goes for FOB, but like I mentioned in this thread before, these two bands have always been pretty parallel to eachother.

/2cents

Someone who doesn't think Ryan was right? HOW DARE YOU

well its not exactly this but I came across this.... http://aeyelaeyen.tumblr.com/post/55530489232

THIS!!! Same. Fucking. Song. Complete with predictable "deconstructed" beat, stupid "woahs" and vocals through a hi-pass filter. It's like they put 25¢ in the Butch Walker Machine and got an "___________ insert lyrics here" song template.

I remember one time someone edited some nickelback songs where one played through the right channel and the other through the left channel. it was pretty hilarious.

Also I'd like to say this, How is this getting put on vinyl before Vices? it just doesn't seem right to me.

I find Fueled by Ramen barely ever gets out vinyl. Both of Panics previous albums are hard to get for over $50 all of Paramore's are practically over $100, you could throw your money at them and they still wouldn't repress anything.

Edit: And I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) all previous repressings of their stuff have been through Hot Topic.

Chuck Palahniuk fan's

Does the video feel like feel like another book reference? Diary?

I don't wanna ruin the book for people and but the painting stuff?

I was just going to come in here and complain about them using a Hunter Thompson quote as an album title but this has me interested. I read the lionshare of his work except Diary. What else ties in?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...