Universal Vinyl Reissue Crowdfunding Project

As long as they offer fair prices & good pressings from good sources I think it could be a good idea.

They're just trying to give people what they want rather than press something that a lot of people might not care about. Seems more like a voting/pre-order system then straight up crowd funding.

This is exactly how I saw it, rather than repressing something very few people care about why not get a litmus test? Plus the added bonus' they're considering could be pretty cool. I don't see it as a super negative thing.

WTF is this reaction??

Listen:

1. Label with a HUGE catalogue
  2. Much of said catalogue is unpressed
  3. Nearly everyone here is able to identify AT LEAST one release that they would like to have in their collection due to the size of said catalogue
  4. Label says, "Hey, instead of us telling you what you want to buy, you tell us what you want", the squeaky wheel gets the worm, to mix my metaphors

Add this together and YOU GUYS ARE UPSET??

WHAT THE FUCK?

Now, to be my own devil's advocate, I signed up and did the survey.  They're initial selection is utter shit, and if this crashes and burns it seems unlikely that they will actually open this up to their entire catalogue.  Hopefully they realize they need to expand the selection considerably.

I don't understand the upset.  They're not saying that they need your money, they're saying vote with your dollars!  You tell them exactly what you want, if enough other people want the same thing, then they actually take your money and give you said product in return.  HOW IS THIS A BAD THING?

This has been in the works for a while now. I'm really quite surprised its taken this long for the media to run with the story. I was part of the initial test group surveyed to help select the titles to be reissued. Most, if not all, of what was proposed had already been reissued recently! I can't imagine they'll get the preorders necessary to fund this project if they don't do a better job researching harder to find titles.

This has been in the works for a while now. I'm really quite surprised its taken this long for the media to run with the story. I was part of the initial test group surveyed to help select the titles to be reissued. Most, if not all, of what was proposed had already been reissued recently! I can't imagine they'll get the preorders necessary to fund this project if they don't do a better job researching harder to find titles.

This actually makes things seem more positive to me.  Assuming that they did a good job of selecting a large enough pool of RANDOM test subjects, then the results should be representative of the whole with a margin of error.  So fingers crossed someone buys that shit (because I sure won't) so that the project doesn't have a failure to launch and I can buy something I actually want.