The " I couldnt find a photography thread, so i made one" thread

depends on the person i guess. i didnt mind the different processes or filters.

there should be different ones for indoors vs. outdoors anyhow.

now, presented as a series, yes.

separately, no.

i just offered that piece of constructive criticism because he called it a set and they were obviously of the same subject matter, so they should have the same 'look' post-production. viewed separately, they're all good in their own right!

i just offered that piece of constructive criticism because he called it a set and they were obviously of the same subject matter, so they should have the same 'look' post-production. viewed separately, they're all good in their own right!

I'm aware of that. My comment didn't really apply to your guys' transaction. I was thinking to myself.

ah - me too. i looked up the year, i think its a '68. still looks brand new.

i have that lens plus another.

i have a fridge full of 120 film. i need to offload.

every now and then i want to sell it, and i too open the case, hold it and smell it and im like...na. no way.

what are you shooting with? looks real crisp

I'm shooting with a Nikon D7000 and a Nikkor 18-200mm lens. Very happy with what I get out of it.

fellow photogs, im gonna be doing a small print run of a photo that ive been asked by many people if they could buy. i sold prints before but never have i  mailed them out. what the best way? a record mailer? 

also, would be cool if we did a print exchange here.

Some places like staples have document mailers designed for photos. I think they have plastic inside them. I've passed them by before wondering the same thing. I think you would have to write "Do not fold!" all over it though. The prints I'm going to be dealing with someday are larger scale so I'm looking at tubes from Uline. I'd suggest checking out their site for any supplies.

That'd be awesome! Trading sounds fun.

What print are you going to be selling?

I had my DSLR stolen from me last April (a Panasonic GH2). I just got the insurance money 2 weeks ago. No joke.

Anyway, I bought a Sony NEX-5N because I wanted something less bulky. Rad camera so far. I'll post some shots soon, but I'm thoroughly impressed with the category of "definitely not point-and-shoot, but definitely not a full-frame."

it's ok; my mom is still telling me no. (or weirdly, sometimes yes. because she is an enabler and i think she thinks if i spend all my monies on things like Vans and cameras i'll never move out and she can keep me at home forever and ever. which really wouldn't be terrible, because i'm pretty sure most of my friends on facebook would defriend me if it wasn't for my 'ridiculous things my parents said' status updates)