The " I couldnt find a photography thread, so i made one" thread

Deadreckoning, these are crazy! Are they alive, dead? I'm scared! They look awesome though

It depends some are alive and some were frozen beforehand. You can use clove oil to slow/relax things. It will make the office smell like a cure concert. No one seems to get that one though.

Anyone have some general tips for working with macro photopgraphy. I am learning most things the hard way, by taking lots of crappy photos...

Bad

13048725974_3f7553173d.jpg

Better

14987132134_4379c6f20a.jpg

Some shots from the last few months, reconnecting with film and experimenting a little. These were all shot with a Pentax ME, 50mm 1:18 lens. I recently picked up a Canon AE-1 Program but haven't had any film that I've shot with it processed yet. Some of these scans are fairly dirty-ish but it is what it is. No post-processing. 

15693218730_41dbc4381a_z.jpg

15694508869_d6ae9ed6b6_z.jpg

15260857513_80ec1e6a48_z.jpg

15880520915_40601577a1_z.jpg

15693220730_4785a63356_z.jpg

15693018868_9e68958b0d_z.jpg

15854714886_70ebe63bb4_z.jpg

I took my D3200 with me to South Carolina over Thanksgiving, and decided to snap a bunch of shots of the inside of my sister's car to try and see how steady I could get my hands in a moving vehicle, and also to experiment with perspective and close-ups of textures and whatnot. The results were mixed, but I did like a few of them.

tumblr_ng1rx6edup1u06bh7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng1rx6edup1u06bh7o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng1rx6edup1u06bh7o3_1280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine and I started a "publication company", Greenhorn Publications, a bit ago and we're putting our first zine up for sale today at 5pm. It's 60-pages, full color, all film photography. It's something we're pretty proud of and really excited about releasing out into the world. This issue was entirely self-funded, with all proceeds going to a few friends who experienced an apartment fire recently that can use the help. You can read a bit more about it on the product page: http://greenhornpublications.bigcartel.com/

I'll bump this thread again when it goes live. 

i always shoot with my wb on "cloudy" - gives everything a warm feel.

i especially like it in the winter. with snow or no snow. something about giving dead earth a warm tone.

Why don't you shoot in RAW so you don't have to worry about WB and just adjust in post? I never set a WB, I guess cause I'd always forget to change it

Why don't you shoot in RAW so you don't have to worry about WB and just adjust in post? I never set a WB, I guess cause I'd always forget to change it

i never shoot raw. i majored in photojournalism which didnt require a perfect picture, not saying anything against shooting in the raw (a teachers joke), its just how i shoot, im used to it. and when shooting sports I'll shoot thousands of photos. im guess im lucky these cameras can handle high iso's. i like grain. you can probably tell in a lot of my photos haha

i dont ALWAYS shoot in cloudy, i guess lied, but i do a lot. and yes that post work is pretty simple

• 4 weeks later...

Went to get film develope today. I found a 3D film camera at the local thrift store for 2 bucks so i got it kalimar2.jpg

also developing a disposable camera from 2005 that has a picture of me when i was 10 with the singer of Linkin Park (i think) haha

also developing a roll from the 80s that was in my grandpas camera, not sure if it will develop, hopefulyl it does

got held up at work today so im picking it up tomorrow morning, wish me luck!

Went to get film develope today. I found a 3D film camera at the local thrift store for 2 bucks so i got it kalimar2.jpg

also developing a disposable camera from 2005 that has a picture of me when i was 10 with the singer of Linkin Park (i think) haha

also developing a roll from the 80s that was in my grandpas camera, not sure if it will develop, hopefulyl it does

got held up at work today so im picking it up tomorrow morning, wish me luck!

Haha, I wish you the best of luck and I hope all the photos turn out! That camera looks awesome. I love thrifted gems like that. All those photos above are from a little plastic film camera that I bring everywhere with me.

Haha, I wish you the best of luck and I hope all the photos turn out! That camera looks awesome. I love thrifted gems like that. All those photos above are from a little plastic film camera that I bring everywhere with me.

Is it a toy camera like a diana? 

This is the alley to where I lived last year, she's an ex gang banger full time chola, I gave her change whenever I could bless her soul. 

tumblr_n47w7hIKkS1tt00mxo1_1280.jpg

that's tight