7" Record Storage

I use these.

About $10 a piece, but I might buy one more. It's not like I buy one every week or something.

AH! I just realized they don't have it in black anymore. Ugh... Might have to find something else in the future.

about how many 7"s would you say these hold? I like the bamboo one, but it's $17...

about how many 7"s would you say these hold? I like the bamboo one, but it's $17...

If the bamboo one is the same size, I am able to fit 80 in there comfortably. That's also with some more unorthodox packaging (thicker packaging on some of them like the tumblin' dice gaslight 7"s). You can fit more in there, but that allows a bit more room for thumbing through.

Priority Mail boxes from the post office if you want a free solution (edit: see 2 posts up...kudos to that poster!).

I even use one of the cut-off flaps to cover the gap on the bottom of the inside between the smaller flaps. I try to cover the gap as much as possible (via measure/cut) and use some tape to hold it all in place.

If the bamboo one is the same size, I am able to fit 80 in there comfortably. That's also with some more unorthodox packaging (thicker packaging on some of them like the tumblin' dice gaslight 7"s). You can fit more in there, but that allows a bit more room for thumbing through.

thanks. yeah, it looks the same size. Heading to the Container Store this weekend to check out options.

I even use one of the cut-off flaps to cover the gap on the bottom of the inside between the smaller flaps. I try to cover the gap as much as possible (via measure/cut) and use some tape to hold it all in place.

Totally did the same thing. I actually also folded an entire other box up too (fold all the flaps down into the box, then tape them up), and just stuck the whole thing right inside the other box (tight fit but it works). So now it's super reinforced and there's less wiggle room for everything. 

image.jpg