The White Stripes Are Repressing Elephant

I really hope they get around to repressing Get Behind Me Satan sooner than later.

I really hope they get around to repressing Get Behind Me Satan sooner than later.

It's not gonna be $38. It'll be in the $27-$32 range like most third man double LPs.

This black, 180 gram version will stay in print, so it won't be limited.

These are not remastered like some people are reporting. They're actually the same exact masters as the original American Red/White pressing.

GBMS will either happen next year or 2015 for it's 10 year anniversary. jack said it's happening already.

Ok, sweet!

So... you both concur? :)

It's not gonna be $38. It'll be in the $27-$32 range like most third man double LPs.

This black, 180 gram version will stay in print, so it won't be limited.

These are not remastered like some people are reporting. They're actually the same exact masters as the original American Red/White pressing.

Really? I remember reading online somewhere from someone who owned various older pressings that it was indeed different, even from the very recent TMR repressing that only has been out for a couple years or so.

the very recent TMR repressing that only has been out for a couple years or so.

The RSD version is the first TMR pressing. Anything before that was on XL or V2. I think XL had done another pressing in the past coupe of years because it seemed to be everywhere (it's got the darker cover), so maybe you are thinking of that? But it would make sense if the TMR version was different than the XL version.

I have the V2 and the TMR and I can't really tell the difference. But the TMR pressing is the nice of the two.

• 1 year later...

I bought it about 2 weeks ago. Catalog # TMR300.

I assumed its the '12-13 press but didnt know tmr was pressing again.

Either way the sibilance on that track is unbearable on my setup.

Rumor have it there were issues with the plates before so they made new ones. If your copy was close to the end of the last run, perhaps that's an issue. I have the colored RSD version and mine sounds great. The copies that TMR just started shipping from their store are from brand new plates so I've heard they sound great.

Also possible they just need a good cleaning.

Yeah I cleaned them twice with the Spin Clean.

I have a DP-300F with a Shure M97-xe cart. I've never experienced any sibilance and this is BAD

i just ordered the "repress" I should have it tomorrow. I can listen to it and let you know how it sounds. If it sounds good, perhaps you can email TMR and ask them if they'd swap it out due to bad sound quality.

i just ordered the "repress" I should have it tomorrow. I can listen to it and let you know how it sounds. If it sounds good, perhaps you can email TMR and ask them if they'd swap it out due to bad sound quality.

Thats a great idea. Great album but those "S's" are terrible on that track.

Definitely let me know when you listen to it. Its just the final track on side 1.

Thanks