Giving away my At The Drive-In records by lottery

definitely should have laid out some ground rules. either post count or how long you've been a member, maybe a combination of the 2.

when you do something like this it's always going to bring out people who have accounts in some instances for years and rarely if ever post, and the only time they do post is to enter a raffle/contest/give away. and it will always bring out people who sign up just to get free shit, who post in the thread to enter the rafle/contest/ give away and are never heard from again. 27 people have signed up just to enter this contest. promoting this on your twitter and blog has no doubt led to some of the people who just signed up to enter. if you're going to promote the raffle/contest/give away off this board you shouldn't run it on this board.

and this is coming from someone who is not even entering.

definitely should have laid out some ground rules. either post count or how long you've been a member, maybe a combination of the 2.

when you do something like this it's always going to bring out people who have accounts in some instances for years and rarely if ever post, and the only time they do post is to enter a raffle/contest/give away. and it will always bring out people who sign up just to get free shit, who post in the thread to enter the rafle/contest/ give away and are never heard from again. 27 people have signed up just to enter this contest. promoting this on your twitter and blog has no doubt led to some of the people who just signed up to enter. if you're going to promote the raffle/contest/give away off this board you shouldn't run it on this board.

and this is coming from someone who is not even entering.

Should've been board members only.

I understand your position on this, but I actually disagree because I think it can raise awareness of Vinyl Collective for those that didn't know it existed.

I understand your position on this, but I actually disagree because I think it can raise awareness of Vinyl Collective for those that didn't know it existed.

Yeah, we need more people who sign up just to enter contests.