BEWARE, new eBay scammer

NEW SCAMMER!!

Saw this Halloween w/lyrics for $90 BIN. Too good to be true and seller has no feedback.

The last big scammer used images from popsike and cropped images where you could not see the edges of the sleeves.

So I found this:

Yeah, I have no proof that this is a scam, but the pattern is still there.

If you see an listing with a BIN hundreds below max value, check popsike, or just google search and you'll likely find the original pics.

No one with the actual record to sell would post fake pics.

Early Misfits singles are obscure nowadays?

I guess it depends on who you ask. But this is hardly the one exception to my initial post: I (almost) always read what Moonbeams reports and rants about, and most listings are for absurdly limited, random 7"s. Random or obscure as far as vinyl releases in 2013 are concerned.

It's a matter of reference. Personally, I don't know any of the bands in the past week of the "post a pic of your collection thread." But Danzig is pushing 60 and might not appeal to the average 20-25 year old at VC.

I dunno about it being a matter of reference. In the world of vinyl, 70's / 80's punk is a pretty big market. Out of the bands that fall into that category, the Misfits are definitely top 3 sought after and collected. 

You might be right about the average VC user not giving a fuck though. 

Also, this guy posts his listings with eBay mobile and is obviously new to eBay. Many people that do that just take existing online images for their auctions. They shouldn't do that but it'd obviously done because of the simplicity.

I don't get the simplicity to download online images when you have a camera in your hands.

I'm pretty sure this seller is this person:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=11zora&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2776

Same style of listings, CA address. Sure there could be more than one scammer out there. They take pics from past auctions on popsike and crop the watermark out. Calling eBay about the scam is pointless as they don't listen.

If you going to run a scam, why would you sell for so much below the market value. ?

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Fraud-phishing-and-spoof-Archive/NEW-Computer-Scam-Payday-Loan-Scam/td-p/89444

Above is the loan scam. Someone sells a $3000 dollar item for $500 to $1000 BIN. You think its a sweet deal, but you never get the item (because the seller never had it) or they send you something else (which you have to return to get a refund, the process takes weeks). Meanwhile the sellers either get a free loan, or free money to loan out, or they can withdraw the money and disappear (which fortunately this scammer will be unable to do with a fresh, new eBay account as they hold funds for a month).

I am just wondering why you think people get scammed. It they never get it, they get refunded. Its not like people are mailing money orders or concealed cash to this dude

You are doing so much work and energy tracking people down and comapring photos for what?

It takes more time and energy to respond to these posts.

I found a scammer and posted this to warn people here. It is a scam because they take your money and either send you nothing, or something unrelated (which proves to ebay that they sent something).

So, I took a few minutes out of my day to protect people here. I fell victim to one of these scams, and in the end I $8 because I had 2 days to send their fake item back to CA via priority mail w/signature confirmation in order to get the large amount they conned from me which was held for a month. Lot a stress. So I post this here to help others.

Of course a few clowns here will be "Look at me, I'm posting in a moonbeams thread." Whatever. Watch out for heartless scammers.

I don't get the simplicity to download online images when you have a camera in your hands.

They could be posting the listing at work or from a place where they are no where near the record. That shit just happens on eBay and especially with new members. People take shortcuts and are generally pretty lazy. 

As someone else said, no one will actually get scammed. They can just open a PayPal claim and get a refund. 

If this is a new scam, I mean, it could easily be on the greatest ways to get cash. I'm too worrisome to try it. But yeah, sell a somewhat rare record. BIN-it for 1/3 less so the person buying it thinks they're getting a deal and realizes you're a noob. Use the cash as a loan. Refund upon getting caught.

Hey, Moonbeams, what records priced around $2K do you want to pay $500 for? I might have one.