PO: Moving Mountains - Moving Mountains

This album is hitting that point where every new song that comes out seems to become my favorite almost. Which is awesome and it makes me want this album now

Amen. I definitely have not been disappointed by any! With each new one, I watch all of them in a row. I neeeeeed to hear the album versions ASAP.

ZzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzz

What happened to his awesome guttural vocals?

I guess they are switching things up? God forbid... :rolleyes:

I think you'll probably hear it on the album recordings or in some of the upcoming tracks. The last song got pretty heavy at the end so we'll see what it sets up. Also, wtf is up with the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? 

I realize that it's unpopular opinion to walk into a Moving Mountains thread and speak negatively about the music, but Waves was an AOTY contender for me, and I still spin it regularly. I love this band. I just had really high expectations for the album, and so far, I have been entirely let down. It's not because it's lighter, it just sounds very uninspired. I don't hear an ounce of passion. Whereas on Waves, the vocals sounded incredibly passionate. Maybe it will grow on me; I'll give the studio album a chance. But if what I've heard are tracks 1, 2 and 3, I'm terrified to think about how awful the filler tracks must be.

Yes because they should just keep writing the same record over and over, that'd be real exciting! 

Obviously it's a little different than their older stuff (like any band's new release should be) but I found it really easy to hear the influences from their past albums. A chill song like Hands isn't much of a surprise if you listened to New Light or checked out Ansible. I'm very glad the album does not have a flat feel at all to it so far with 4 very different songs being released.

I realize that it's unpopular opinion to walk into a Moving Mountains thread and speak negatively about the music, but Waves was an AOTY contender for me, and I still spin it regularly. I love this band. I just had really high expectations for the album, and so far, I have been entirely let down. It's not because it's lighter, it just sounds very uninspired. I don't hear an ounce of passion. Whereas on Waves, the vocals sounded incredibly passionate. Maybe it will grow on me; I'll give the studio album a chance. But if what I've heard are tracks 1, 2 and 3, I'm terrified to think about how awful the filler tracks must be.

I think it's best if you wait until the album is released and avoid listening to any more of these videos. I think it's ok to be critical of the music but it's really bizarre that you seem to be such a big fan of the band but aren't feeling these tracks...they're one of my top 3 favorite bands and these songs just clicked instantly with me. I like that I was able to pick up on riffs and sounds right away that were similar to sections on Pneuma and Waves. I'm seeing these live videos translating into something very magical so just be patient and maybe give it more of a chance?

I haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if this has been touched on.

Connor, I know you're a fan of Waves but how do you feel about the band's earlier work?

Personally I have a hard time getting through anything that came before Waves. For some reason I just don't dig it.

That said, I feel like the new record may strike a nice balance. I'm interested to hear the studio versions and of course the rest of the songs.

I fell in love with Waves and thus, Moving Mountains, and like it much more than Pneuma, but I am hardcore loving these new songs and the more chill but intense vibe . I feel like this album is going to have a HRVRD - From the Bird's Cage feel in which there are multiple layers and you seem to discover something new with each subsequent listen.