PO: Moving Mountains - Moving Mountains

Conflicted on ordering this on vinyl without a download code. Does anyone know if the amazon/retail copy will come with one?

Having the Internet comes in handy when albums you buy don't come with download codes. Google specifically can be really helpful in that department. No need to let the lack of a download code stop you from buying an album you want.

Having the Internet comes in handy when albums you buy don't come with download codes. Google specifically can be really helpful in that department. No need to let the lack of a download code stop you from buying an album you want.

Yeah I hear that. Somehow I feel better about legally downloading an album through download codes after purchasing on vinyl versus finding another source. Plus sometimes downloads aren't available, still don't have the Athletics LP digitally.

The album seems bland to me.  Burn Pile is fucking awesome, Hands is pretty good, but the rest just drags on.  The vocals are just a wash throughout the whole album with little variation. 

I think the vocals are dreamy and fit perfectly with the music. You're bland....just kidding. But I'm really trying to find something I don't like about the album and the only issue I have so far is that it's not long  enough. Each listen I am picking up additional layers and riffs that I missed on the previous listen. I can see how this album may be boring to some people but I like listening to some more reserved stuff when I'm not rocking the f out. There are definitely a few sections on the album to rock out to but a lot of it is very soothing - especially with the  slower sections and the vocals that you thought were a "wash". Some people want Waves 2.0 and it sucks to be them. This is a masterpiece in my opinion and I already enjoy it as much as any of the work these guys have done.

The vocals are just a wash throughout the whole album with little variation. 

I strongly disagree - especially with the sections that carry backup vocals and harmonies (which is basically a part of every song). Again, I think it's going to disappoint the Waves crowd as we discussed in earlier pages due to the absence of the yelling and more aggressive vocals. There are definitely some aggressive sections that are more subtle than in the past...

Again, I think it's going to disappoint the Waves crowd 

pneuma is one of my all time favorites.  i was super bummed when waves came out and hated the direction they took, despite it being a pretty good album.  im sure it'll grow on me, but i just wish there was more variation to the vocals.

pneuma is one of my all time favorites.  i was super bummed when waves came out and hated the direction they took, despite it being a pretty good album.  im sure it'll grow on me, but i just wish there was more variation to the vocals.

I would certainly bet that it will grow on you. If not, Pneuma all day baby.