Pro-ject Acryl-It platter upgrade to debut carbon, is it worth it?

That's the most ghetto thing I've ever seen. Good for impressing somebody while on E I guess. But it's just as easy and cheap to build a LED subplatter that hooks into a DC power supply.

Oh, I did it that way first and made a video of it, too. In the end, I just didn't like the way the LED method looked (the static noise in the video is in fact cardboard rubbing against the turntable belt, which was promptly fixed after I turned the camera off).

An acrylic mat is a nice alternative if you don't feel like spending $100+. Here are some: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XAcrylic+turntable+mat&_nkw=Acrylic+turntable+mat&_sacat=0&_from=R40

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Just kidding  :P

Do you have one of those?

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Just kidding  :P

Do you have one of those?

Yeah, I have this one... http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-WHITE-Acrylic-Perspex-Turntable-Mat-Rega-Linn-Avid-Pro-Ject-VPI-Music-Hall-/400439116943?pt=US_Record_Player_Turntable_Parts&hash=item5d3c08048f

Fits my debut carbon perfectly and thankfully I no longer have to use the terrible felt mat.

I just picked one of these up for 10 bucks off with the code SB100 from turntablelab.com. Only one left though in stock so act quickly if you want it.

http://turntablelab.com/products/pro-ject-acryl-it-platter-upgrade

I didn't see this in time before and they said sold out all day yesterday. Looked again today and they had 1 magically in stock and their little discount is still active. Can't wait.

well after the item not shipping since i ordered on Nov 30th i called and cancelled from audio advisers.   They still didnt know when they would get them in stock and are still taking orders.   :huh:    Called crutchfield and he said they had them in stock and would ship it today and i should have it tomorrow.  oh and it was free shipping.   :lol:  

• 2 weeks later...

I had a bad static problem before and its a lot less now.  I still get a few crackles, but not as bad as before.  Before i could take a record of to change/or flip over and you could here the static.  Between songs the pops would be non stop.  I have been told that its most likely caused by the dryness in my house.  It rained today and i had my windows open and i didnt hear a single pop.  I also use a anti static brush before i play each record.  Might be time to invest in better inner sleeves now...