PO: Blue Sky Black Death - Noir (Deluxe) // Limited to 500 2xLP Swirled Vinyl LP

http://store.slyvinyl.com/product/noir-deluxe-edition

Record Details

Limited to 500
2xLP Gatefold
180 gram
A/B LP is swirled orange & red
C/D LP is swirled purple and blue
Silver foil Stamped (#/500)
Side D is all exclusive music to this LP
Will ship in September!

FIRST 100 ORDERS WILL BE ENTERED TO WIN A TEST PRESSING!!

Noir…succeeds in communicating incomprehensible hugeness through sonically detailed tracks with an almost narrative-like structure.” – Pitchfork

Deluxe Track List
Our Hearts Of Ruin 05:32
Sleeping Children Are Still Flying 06:00
And Stars, Ringed 05:10
To The Ends Of The Earth 03:54
Farewell To The Former World 05:34
Falling Short 01:46
Gold In Gold Out 05:20
Where Do We Go 04:37
In The Quiet Absence Of God 02:05
Where The Sun Beats 04:45
Starry 04:39
Fire For Light 03:53
Swords From Driftwood 02:46
Sky With Hand 06:40
Thirteen
To Hold And Hope 03:58
Sleeping Children Are Still Flying (Alternate) 03:50
Gold In Gold Out (Alternate) 05:17

bsbd-noir.jpg

186 copies have sold already and it's only been up a couple of hours.

To be fair, I've been waiting for this to be pressed for a long, long time.  I'm willing to bet I wasn't the only one.

[edit]

Also, as a note of interest.  Checking my e-mail history, it would appear that I contacted BSBD on February 2nd, inquiring of a possible NOIR press in the future.  Their response?

"yeah as soon as were rich!"

When I asked about previous vinyl presses and even suggested a Kickstarter, they simply replied

"no money"

So.  I'm glad this finally saw the light of the day... because from the way they talked just six months ago, I was under the impression it wouldn't be happening for a long time.

To be fair, I've been waiting for this to be pressed for a long, long time.  I'm willing to bet I wasn't the only one.

[edit]

Also, as a note of interest.  Checking my e-mail history, it would appear that I contacted BSBD on February 2nd, inquiring of a possible NOIR press in the future.  Their response?

"yeah as soon as were rich!"

When I asked about previous vinyl presses and even suggested a Kickstarter, they simply replied

"no money"

So.  I'm glad this finally saw the light of the day... because from the way they talked just six months ago, I was under the impression it wouldn't be happening for a long time.

I'm new to BSBD. Glad that you were able to pick this up after waiting so long!

I'm new to BSBD. Glad that you were able to pick this up after waiting so long!

You picked a great time to get into them, then.  I personally favor NOIR to anything they've done, but much of their past work is fantastic as well.  Late Night Cinema is totally worth your time if you haven't checked it out already.  And I'm expecting big things from Glaciers, too.

I've only heard Late Night Cinema before today. While I like that record overall, my nitpicky side feels it's slightly over-produced with a lot of layers pulling the songs into different directions, which I felt made the momentum and drive of the songs suffer because of that. Some people love that aspect of them, which I can totally understand. And like I said, I do like the record overall. 

Listening to NOIR for the first time today, it seems much more focused and tight (relatively). They're not trying to cram as many ideas on top of each other as LNC, which lets the songs breathe and keeps things interesting. 

So big ups to being turned onto this album. Can't wait for the vinyl now. 

And does anyone feel like Slyvinyl may have botched the album art / listing?  I only ask 'cause the "new" cover is an entirely different look from the original NOIR art, and features glaciers... which just so happens to be the name of the new album they're dropping in October.  Coincidence?

In response to this note, the artwork for the new cover was created and requested by the band. We didn't create it. But I agree it's quite different, though they have done 3 different versions of this album thus far and all three have had different covers. So I think that's just how they roll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...