PO: From Autumn to ashes - the fiction we live. Now PO: Too Bad You're Beautiful 20th Anniversary Reissue

18 hours ago, nicbong said:

hmm.

Should I cancel my Good Fight splatter and save myself $30 buying the Amazon one.....

Pretty sure my shipping was almost as much as the record on Amazon hah

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 10:08 AM, redroom said:

Ferret and Good Fight is run by the same guy(s) so I think it's not that hard to get the licensing. (could be totally wrong...) 

But The Banner would be great indeed and just put I Am Legend on an extra 7"! 

Others I want to see:

A Static Lullaby

Poison the Well - Versions and The Tropic Rot represses. 

Scarlet

SKYCAMEFALLING 

Skycamefalling 10.21 definitely needs to be pressed,  it was right up there with the opposite of December for my favorite hardcore records from that era. 

13 minutes ago, Look_mexico said:

I did the notify when back in stock for the splatter version and yesterday I got the notice that it was back in stock, snapped it up immediately and after buying I noticed it was marked as sold out again. Click the notify me button, who knows maybe more will pop up. 

I just happened to the splatter listing on GF last week. It let me add one to my cart. Remembered a friend not able to get one so I let him know, he bought it and immediately it was sold out again. 

7 minutes ago, Deathbyart said:

Forgot how many albums I preordered, this being one of them. 

With all the vinyl plants being backed up I've made all sorts of preorders that will take until next year to all get to me. Not sure if I should start keeping a list or just have the records show up as a surprise. 

1 hour ago, Look_mexico said:

With all the vinyl plants being backed up I've made all sorts of preorders that will take until next year to all get to me. Not sure if I should start keeping a list or just have the records show up as a surprise. 

I have a spreadsheet to keep track of pre-orders. It's beautiful. Has columns for how much I originally spent on it, they day I ordered, the tracking numbers, the days from purchase to my doorstep, and more. I'm only been doing it for a year, but kind want to go back and fill it in for every one of my records so I reminisce on the days of cheap vinyl and find out my longest wait for a record.

• 2 weeks later...

Had no idea about these new Too Bad You're Beautiful pressings; been sleeping on buying records for a few months. But I think I got lucky and bought the last copy of the Good Fight splatter last night. Got a shipping notification this morning!

Can we get fucking Skycamefalling's 10.21 on vinyl now please?

25 minutes ago, erikness said:

Had no idea about these new Too Bad You're Beautiful pressings; been sleeping on buying records for a few months. But I think I got lucky and bought the last copy of the Good Fight splatter last night. Got a shipping notification this morning!

Can we get fucking Skycamefalling's 10.21 on vinyl now please?

I have a feeling it'll never happen. But I'd kill for it

Just now, Tewreal said:

I have a feeling it'll never happen. But I'd kill for it

It's whacky to think that it would never happen. They've done reunion shows where they play the whole album. They've been relatively active on social media throughout the last decade. And 10.21 is a pretty influential underground classic that has never been released on vinyl. 1+1+1=3

I can't see the licensing being ridiculously difficult for a Skycamefalling album when Too Bad You're Beautiful just got pressed. I think if nothing else, it will have, like, a 25 year anniversary pressing in 2025. But I want it now!

Fingers crossed anyway..

6 hours ago, introwebbernets said:

Mine has shipped as well. So stoked to have this in hand. Considering snagging the retail copy off of Amazon just to have one to spin all the time.

My turntable plays splatter records, didn't know there were ones that don't 🤯

2 hours ago, introwebbernets said:

Haha. Mine refuses to, only plays black and clear. And, I do collect and refuse to play certain records, and if I can drop $26 to wear one out and not play this splatter, I will. 

I see these kind of posts from time to time and it always makes me wonder how often people are spinning one particular record that they're afraid they're going to wear it out. As someone with a large collection, and limited time it just isn't anything I worry about. I even have two setups in my house so I can blast records in my main living area, and in my "record room," but this is still not something I remotely worry about.