Far - Water & Solutions + Tin Cans With Strings To You Vinyl PO and Details

As many of you may know we will help see the release of two Far titles. Here are all the details for the Far "Water & Solutions" and "Tin Cans With Strings To You" vinyl pressing!

Far - Water & Solutions LP

Water.jpg

Release Date: Sept 17th
Pre Order: August 1st @ 2 pm EST

URL: http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Far-%252d-Water-%26-Solutions-LP.html

Pressing info:
500 - 180 Gram Clear with Blue Smoke (SRC Exclusive)
500 - 180 Gram Coke Bottle Clear (Retail Exclusive)

180 Gram Black

Far - Tin Cans With Strings To You 2XLP

Tin.jpg

Release Date: Sept 17th
Pre Order: August 1st @ 2 pm EST

URL: http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Far-%252d-Tin-Cans-With-Strings-To-You-2XLP.html

Pressing info:
500 - 180 Gram Yellow (SRC Exclusive)
500 - 180 Gram Purple Retail Exclusive)

180 Gram Black

Both records will include a gatefold jacket with an 11x22 insert.  Both records were sourced from the original analog tapes. The lacquers were cut direct from the tape, no digital. Pre order is this Thursday at 2 pm EST at the links above. Let us know if you have any questions!

this is exactly why labels are charging this much for records now. they know people will buy it and they know people will complain about it but those same people will buy it anyway. 

Truth

Great you got a hold of the original tapes! Too many color options for such a small release, but will definitely buy them all.

This sort of mentality drives up the price.  Why?  Why do you have to have all colors?  It sounds the same on each record.  I think this board is full of 1%ers sometimes.

I also updated the description with info in regards to the audio for this. We were lucky enough to be able to use the original tapes and were able to have the lacquers cut direct from them.

I can't wait to hear the new Vinyl remaster for Tin Cans. I love that release but the production and mastering is definitely less than desirable  on the CD release.

This sort of mentality drives up the price.  Why?  Why do you have to have all colors?  It sounds the same on each record.  I think this board is full of 1%ers sometimes.

You're funny, telling me not to buy records that I've been waiting for since 98. I've been to their concerts, supported Jonah in all his other projects and never had to chance to purchase two of my favorite albums. I would have been happy with one colour only, but this is Far. Supporting the band/label/SRC that makes an effort in releasing this is what counts.

You're funny, telling me not to buy records that I've been waiting for since 98. I've been to their concerts, supported Jonah in all his other projects and never had to chance to purchase two of my favorite albums. I would have been happy with one colour only, but this is Far. Supporting the band/label/SRC that makes an effort in releasing this is what counts.

True I suppose, you know if it doesn't sell out.  I am in the same boat nix ever seeing them in concert.

Except this was done w/o the band's ok, so you aren't really supporting the band.

Except this was done w/o the band's ok, so you aren't really supporting the band.

feh?

Whether they "okay" it or not, they're still going to end up with the same amount of money (financial support) either way - or no money at all, depending. Unless you're talking about moral support, in which case...also feh?

feh?

Whether they "okay" it or not, they're still going to end up with the same amount of money (financial support) either way - or no money at all, depending. Unless you're talking about moral support, in which case...also feh?

Well maybe if they didn't put out a suck record a few years ago they'd have more support.  Far was solid from 1990-1999, they had a good run.  It's also beyond me why Jonah hasn't done record pressings of Sketchy #2 and some of his better post-Far work.  

Speaking of a suspiciously similar sounding band-  Strata's S/T was hot, 2nd CD very good.  Why doesn't that have a pressing? doesn't Wind Up like money?