Far - Water & Solutions + Tin Cans With Strings To You Vinyl PO and Details

I just looked into this and you are correct! Very frustrating as for we clearly ordered 180 Gram (also verified). We cant send the records back again at this point but if you email [email protected] we can switch for a 180 G black.

I don't know about the weight, but they look and sound fantastic IMO. Won't be switching out.. But maybe free media mail shipping on next order for those that ordered? Just a thought...

I don't know about the weight, but they look and sound fantastic IMO. Won't be switching out.. But maybe free media mail shipping on next order for those that ordered? Just a thought...

They do sound and look great. Direct from the analog tape is something I wish all releases had. It's like night and day sounding.

They do sound and look great. Direct from the analog tape is something I wish all releases had. It's like night and day sounding.

Truth. I don't mind the thinner vinyl. As long as its mastered and transferred right, it will sound awesome regardless of vinyl weight. Practically every lp I own from the mid 70s through the early to mid 90s sound better than almost all of the newer releases I own which is kind of sad and I know for a fact none of those are 180 gram. Some of them are practically paper thin sheetsnof plastic and still sound amazing.

Is it only my copy, or is it because of the analog master recording, but I would say "bury white" is missing a chord at the very beginning. I mean, the guitar intro is supposed to be composed of eight chords and i can only hear seven, which misleads me when hearing this part

Apart from that sounds awesome

Truth. I don't mind the thinner vinyl. As long as its mastered and transferred right, it will sound awesome regardless of vinyl weight. Practically every lp I own from the mid 70s through the early to mid 90s sound better than almost all of the newer releases I own which is kind of sad and I know for a fact none of those are 180 gram. Some of them are practically paper thin sheetsnof plastic and still sound amazing.

Thank you... 180 gram is irrelevant. A proper mastering job for vinyl/dynamic range/etc is paramount.  

Now to write my angry letter to Universal Records Special Markets...

Sadly, I've received my first significantly warped record from SRC. My yellow tin cans is pretty bent out of shape. Not only that, it seems much closer to orange than yellow to me, especially compared to the yellow in the cover.

And while 180 gram holds the same groove as any other, it IS kinda bullshit that it's used as a selling point and likely built into the $28 cost when they're not even close to that weight. Their fault or not, there's no way that when packing them they couldn't tell the difference between the colored versions and the black if it actually is 180.

Ok, so after getting home and placing them on the turntable they aren't quite as fucked as I thought when eyeballing them. Not perfect, for certain, but with my record clamp I'll make due. I love this band so much, I can see myself getting the 180 gram black versions of both ...  but still ... I did pay for 180 gram records in the first place.

On the sound, it's quite refreshing to have to turn up my stereo a notch or two louder than normal and even adjust bass and treble because their is so little compression on the master compared to something recorded today. There is a pretty high noise floor though, at least on the yellow. Personally, I find I'm just not a fan of most United pressings. There is quite often something less than stellar about them.

There's a ton of lead in and deadwax on the Tin Cans records, it could have easily been cut at 45rpm.

Annnyway, in short, Far records on vinyl straight from tape to lacquer is a dream come true, and I'm gonna be a little more critical of the final product than most releases.

Is it only my copy, or is it because of the analog master recording, but I would say "bury white" is missing a chord at the very beginning. I mean, the guitar intro is supposed to be composed of eight chords and i can only hear seven, which misleads me when hearing this part

Apart from that sounds awesome

It seems it does come in late on the first chord, you can hear the very end of it. I guess this Stan Ricker isn't quite the genius SRC thinks eh?? :P

Got my clear w/ blue smoke  W&S yesterday and some of the tracks sound kinda low quality, 'The system' sounds very close to cassette quality..

Maybe it's just my copy, I don't know.

When I got to Mother Mary I noticed it didn't quite drop in with the force is usually does. It seems like the master is totally flat, it needs at least some EQ ... it's almost as if it's unmastered. Definitely not as dynamic as I was hoping.

Conversely, the second side sounds much better. The drop in Man Overboard hits the spot. Maybe there was some tape degradation. But, you definitely aren't alone in your assessment. Something is off.

When I got to Mother Mary I noticed it didn't quite drop in with the force is usually does. It seems like the master is totally flat, it needs at least some EQ ... it's almost as if it's unmastered. Definitely not as dynamic as I was hoping.

Conversely, the second side sounds much better. The drop in Man Overboard hits the spot. Maybe there was some tape degradation. But, you definitely aren't alone in your assessment. Something is off.

I haven't heard side B yet, I'll give it a spin today. About the LP color, yeah I was expecting something different, the clear smoke looks like a blueish coke bottle, It would've been cool if it wasn't so similar to the regular coke bottle (retail color). A little disappointed in this release but at the same time I'm happy to finally own this on vinyl.

Got my clear w/ blue smoke  W&S yesterday and some of the tracks sound kinda low quality, 'The system' sounds very close to cassette quality..

Maybe it's just my copy, I don't know.

I do not agree with this. I think 'The system' sounds the way it is intended to. I have probably listened to the CD a million times before this vinyl release and that is something I always noticed - simply this track sounds different than the rest, so for me it is ok.

I actually love everything about this W&S press - sound, vinyl color, don't care about 180gr issue. The only thing that ruins everything for me is the f****g missing first chord on bury white. I mean, if you want to deliver a 1st quality product you cannot tolerate this. I wonder what Test Presses are made for...

Yellow Tin Cans is definitely orange.

Yep I would say it is more "mango"

I think SRC have really dropped the ball on these ones, missing chords?!? On the intro to the first track on an album?!! Surely if nothing else that track was listened to on a test pressing???

Not to mention the "yellow" tin cans, and the 180g thing. I'm not bothered about 180g, but I am if the price I paid reflects it!

These two albums are some of my most eagerly awaited pressings EVER, so I'm really gutted they had these problems, as I've loved the quality of every SRC vinyl I've bought previously :(

We are looking into this missing chord thing. So far I know the references of the tapes we approved before tapes were even provided did not have a missing chord. So I don't know if its a plant issue, test pressing issue etc... All sources are being pulled (tests, references, tapes etc...) and reviewed in order and we will review several copies of the pressing. We will get to the bottom of it, identify where the issue happened and let you know.

We are looking into this missing chord thing. So far I know the references of the tapes we approved before tapes were even provided did not have a missing chord. So I don't know if its a plant issue, test pressing issue etc... All sources are being pulled (tests, references, tapes etc...) and reviewed in order and we will review several copies of the pressing. We will get to the bottom of it, identify where the issue happened and let you know.

Thank you SRC.  You guys do rock.  subliminal: say hello to sunshine