Far - Water & Solutions + Tin Cans With Strings To You Vinyl PO and Details

Listening to "Man Overboard" atm.... omg... IDGAF about the missing chords on "Bury White", this copy of the album is so damn good sounding compared to the CD.  Doesn't have that annoying bloated bass sound too it, defined, crisp and plenty of punch.

THANK YOU SONY THANK YOU SRC THANK YOU EPIC.

And Jonah for the love of ..... please press the Onelinedrawing sketchy series w/ Tricky.

I do not agree with this. I think 'The system' sounds the way it is intended to. I have probably listened to the CD a million times before this vinyl release and that is something I always noticed - simply this track sounds different than the rest, so for me it is ok.

The compression and limiting on the CD version of "The System" is aggressive, likely to give it a garage band/ lo-fi sound (like the entire Californication album).  On this LP you just get a more complete recording with a significantly lower volume level.  I suggest turning up the volume whilst listening (i did for my needledrop digital copy).

Upon second listens in headphones, they sound better than I first thought. Not quite as flat as I was thinking. Makes me wonder if I had the loudness switch off on my amp. Could swear it was on, and that would've been the first thing I checked when they sounded odd to me. But, just thought I'd update my thoughts, as I'm pleased to say I'm happier the second time around.

I do still maintain that there is a bit of an unnatural sound to parts of the last few songs on side one of Water & Solutions though. Don't know what it is exactly, it's just different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I listened to Tin Cans last night.... all I can say is holy crap SRC did a great job handling this release.

Listening to Tin Cans now... Sweet Jesus. SRC really done an amazing job on both these albums, the quality between these and the CDs I've played to death is stunning.

Quick question regarding Tin Cans... I bought mine in a local store here in Switzerland. First record is almost a purple/red splatter job and the second record is yellow/mustard. Anyone know the pressing details on this variant?

Listening to Tin Cans now... Sweet Jesus. SRC really done an amazing job on both these albums, the quality between these and the CDs I've played to death is stunning.

Quick question regarding Tin Cans... I bought mine in a local store here in Switzerland. First record is almost a purple/red splatter job and the second record is yellow/mustard. Anyone know the pressing details on this variant?

No idea, but I'd like to see pictures please.

Sounds to me like you got a transition color mix since the retail version is purple and the SRC mail order color is yellow. There's 500 of each color variant.